• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jd550h not tracking

bawana

my 2005 550h is not tracking straight the code that comes up is F372 and there is a red and green light on in the window.I think it is a sensor but I don't know if it is the right or the left and can I fix it or do I have to have jd do it.
I am lost with this computer stuff,my newest dozer before this was a 1980 450d.would greatly appreciate any suggestions. thank you frank

87silvert

550h

my 2005 550h is not tracking straight the code that comes up is F372 and there is a red and green light on in the window.I think it is a sensor but I don't know if it is the right or the left and can I fix it or do I have to have jd do it.
I am lost with this computer stuff,my newest dozer before this was a 1980 450d.would greatly appreciate any suggestions. thank you frank

It probably is a speed sensor. They have come down in price and are easy to change. You really need to get a technical manual though. I am on vacation and can't access mine but there is a way to look at left and right track speed on the controller. One will be erratic or 0. Shut off and switch wires from left to right. Try again and make sure the opposite side still shows the problem. If the same shows the problem it is in the harness.
If you replace the sensor you will need to recalibrate to the controller. The procedure is simple and is in the manual. If you don't do that it will track funny, mostly at slow speeds.

mestizo

f372 is left speed sensor open. Could be a sensor or the harness. Try switching the wiring like 87silvert suggests, that'll help you narrow down if its a sensor or the harness. If the code changes to f382 (right sensor open), its the sensor.

ETMF 58 White

Look at the thread I started on 1-17-16 titled JD 700H Speed Sensor. The guys on here told me exactly how to diagnose and fix my 700H, and it was spot-on advice, right down to the codes. I paid $271 for a new speed sensor at the JD dealer, my son installed it easily, and we've had no more problems since the fix.

bawana

JD mechanic came yesterday and found a couple of wires chewed by mice at the computer.he fixed the wires and still had f372 code.The dozer has a full forestery package with winch so he went in from the bottom and couldn't get to the wiring on the left side
he said the winch has to come off and that is a full day so I told him I would take it off and then call him.He also said someone must have replaced the left sensor with the winch off and tied the wiring up twards the back and he cannot get to it to test it'

Tractorguy

Ha where there's a will there's a way. We've run across this situation before but I'm pretty confident those dozers have rear bottom lower belly panels. I've changed a couple on some machines with a winch as well as a ripper...just sucks because the oil runs down your arm the whole time but they are accessible just gotta lay right with your arm bent right.