• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD150C engine pulling down

realjob

Have a 1050C serial #Lu1050c005231 and have replaced fuel lines,filters and lift pump seems to have good fuel pressure after all the component changes, but the engine still pulls down when pushing in low or 2nd and not pushing much material! could it be brakes hanging up, but you would think that they would be on hard enough to notice or something else. Correct me if i'm out of line but if the HYD drivre pumps were weak the engine shouldn't be short of power should it? i'm open for anything to check or try! Thanks in advance
Jason

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Do u have a tach on the control panel.?? Warm up the engine & in neutral or park, slam the accel. to the floor & read the rpm.. QUICKLY.. u dont wanna hold it there..
Take that reading & compare it to the spec.. is it low.??
U should expect a 10% drop between hi idle "no-load" speed & "full-load"..
I take it, its more than 10%.?? BUT.. u dont know what its reading at no-load.. No-Load might be low.??
Next, with the engine shut-off.. mash the accel. to the floor & GO LOOK at the inj. pump throttle.. is it hitting the hi speed stop screw.?? {probably not} IF NOT, adjust the accel. LINKAGE..
Good luck & let us know..

realjob

No tachometer on this unit, spec on engine says 1800 max which I believe we are getting. Have a tech comming to get another opinion, did check the boost at the intake and under full load only gets about 5 psi spec from the info I have is 9,4 psi.. There is no smoke out the stack while pulling down even when going beyond full load of the engine and taking load back off to allow engine to come back to full rpm..

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
THATS a Catch 22 problem.. Without enough FUEL, your not gonna get the BOOST..
BUT w/o the boost, if the inj. pump has an aneroid on it, u wont get the fuel..

realjob

quick update, engine seems to be putting out full boost that was with a separate fuel supply to guarantee clean fuel. Whats odd is that this is doing zero work just tracking the unit. Trying to check the brakes to see if they are releasing. would entertain any other thoughts/ ideas:confused:

realjob

ok update on this issue, the injection pump has been removed and taken in to a shop to rebuild,. Hopefully they find something and can get on to pushing. Hopefully I will have the results to post by early next week.:D

realjob

Update. Had the injection pump rebuilt and reinstalled. and the thing works like it should. The pump shop we took it to said there was some wear on the governor which in turn would allow full flow of fuel. It makes some sense, when the fuel pull bun't out we installed the new one but the one we replaced seemed to be fairly new. Now it makes some sense as the previous owner was maybe having the same trouble trouble . Just wanted thank the forum folk for all there help and there ideas especially MG2361 and thepumpguysc you guys were a ton of help!
Jason