• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 792 Excavator

HeavyDutyCurt

I have a John Deere 792 excavator (CK0792L000826) that both propel motors (travel motors) were stolen this winter. Besides stealing some fuel and taking the batteries, everything else seems fine. I got a couple quotes for replacement motors and they'll cost me $7k-$8k minimum for each. I live in BC, Canada. Honestly can't justify spending $16k on this old machine. I've been looking for some used motors but no luck. I know that the JD 792 was the same machine as an Hitachi UH143 but I can't seem to find any of either machine around anymore. I was wondering if anybody knew if the travel motors off another excavator would fit? I've seen some decent used ones from 790dlc's around but not sure if they would work. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 792 roughly the same size machine as a JD 270? Would a 270 travel motor fit?

Diesel Dave

I have a John Deere 792 excavator (CK0792L000826) that both propel motors (travel motors) were stolen this winter. Besides stealing some fuel and taking the batteries, everything else seems fine.
Welcome to HEF Curt :cool: .
The Deere propel motor part # is only used on a 792 or Hitachi UH143.
Not sure of any other brands that would have use that motor.
I don’t believe a propel motor from a later Deere or Hitachi machine is going to be useful.