1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Jd 700

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by Reuben, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Reuben

Reuben Senior Member

Anybody have any experience with a JD 700 h or J. We are looking in to one and wanted to get some thoughts on it.

2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 Senior Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    I've spent a few hours on a 700h, probably not enough to really give you a good oppinion, but it was a nice machine. It had the pushing power to move some good size piles of dirt. The 6-way blade is nice too.

3. Construct'O

Construct'O Senior Member

Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
    I was looking at 450 H and now up to 750 C:D.Also looked at the 700 H-J models also.

This is a little off what you asked,but the differenc in a 750C and 700H-J is the lift cyclinders the C on a 6-way blade it the long mounted like regular dozer where as the H-J on all the there models are the small along side the frame left setup.

So for my type of work i like the bigger,longer,hopefully more lift height on the older C series machine.I also would wether have the semi-u blade ,but every where you look they are for sale 6-way blades.

Which if your doing a lot of finshing is fine,i just do more hogging dirt them finish,but there is bennifits in 6-ways,just not the best for clearing and tuff dozing(more wear factors).

I guess that is the one thing i have for input is the difference in the blade setup ,but just depends on what your going to be using the machine for the bigger % of the time you use it.

Any more input would be good! Still trying to decide here also.For me the way things are going it is hard to plan very far ahead (foresee the furture:beatsme),Good luck:usa

4. HoJay

HoJay Well-Known Member

I ran a 700j lgp with a 6 way blade and a winch with about 1500 hours on the clock. It was a nice cat for trimming slopes and topsoiling. I didnt have any complaints with the machine.

5. fireman050

fireman050 Senior Member

construction & volunteer firefighter
    we had a 700h on a job not to long ago we were really impressed with it it will beat the snot out of a cat d5g

6. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Member

Rancher,Dozer Operator
    700 h

I operated a 700H LGP for a couple of years. It is a nice tractor,balanced well
    and very comfortable to run. I am 6'4'' 300lbs, it had plenty of room in the cab. We also had a D5M and we run them side by alot, it also was a good tractor, but the 700 had the edge in every aspect in my opinoin.
    Willie J

7. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Member

Rancher,Dozer Operator
    700h

One more thing, the hydraulics on this tractor are great. The fastest blade response of any tractor I have ever run.
    Willie J

8. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Reuben,

The 700 series dozers have been the leader in their class for the past few years as far as customer/operator satisfaction. JD really laid down the gauntlet with this machine. I work for a Komatsu dealership, and we've been told by our factory reps that both Cat and Komatsu are very well aware of the success of the 700's, and that the machine is pretty much the benchmark that Cat and Komatsu need to beat.

I have spent some time in one, and can say that general performance wise, it's an impressive machine.

Regards,
    Tony

9. CountryBoy685

CountryBoy685 Member

Both the H and J series are awesome machines. I think ( like everyone else says) they are the best machine on the market. Great power to weight, well balanced even on a 2 to 1. Even had them on a 1 to 1.