• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jd 650h

mrfixit77845

i seem to be having a prob with my fuel injection circuit. i keep getting a F497 code and it runs rough if i restart im good for a bit . any body run across this and is there a back yard fixs? thanks

Easttxsrt8

I don't know how different the J's and H's wiring harness is but I had a similar problem on my 650j and it turned out to be a wiring issue. I want to say it had something to do with the wiring harness down the left side of the engine-the wire going to the crankshaft position sensor had rubbed through against some other wires. Yours may be mechanical, but I'd take a look at any wire that goes in or around the engine-it may be fine until it gets shook around and the wires short against something. What did the dealer say that code meant?

mrfixit77845

thats what im fixin to do but it seems to be different than others i need to find out how to align the shaft of the pump to the gear in the case for proper timimg how did u do yours

Mathew

This is interesting because I have the same code come up every once in a while and it will skip a beat and the other day it ran rough for a couple seconds and came out of it and ran fine.

mrfixit77845

f497 code

This is interesting because I have the same code come up every once in a while and it will skip a beat and the other day it ran rough for a couple seconds and came out of it and ran fine.

thats how mine started a few months ago it got worse n worse then when i shut it off n restarted it was fine then a leak at the back of the injector pump now it wont run 5 minuts b4 it goes to crap. i will change the pump tomorrow and let u kn ow.. but if u need a pump and its a DE it cant be rebuilt or they wont when u buy another they dont even want a core.. so i found the most inexspensive place gave me a new one for 1100 it was rochester fuel injectoin if any one needs one 507 288 8038 good luck

Mathew

Mine is showing three codes and I can not remember them all right now. I think another one is 437. What is strange is it would go really fast in forword and reverse like when I had it in gear 1.8 I mean like really fast in reverse but after it did that sputer and skiped a beet it now when I reverese it is slower like maybe normal speed. No lose of power though just a little slower ground speed.

Occupation
Parts supplier
If you need help pulling codes or diagnosing issue I can pull them from a laptop to help out. Sounds to me like fuel shutoff solenoid not actuating. I would start with new injectors before a pump however. And spite what your dealer tells you the pump has serviceable parts. Call me if you need help. Thanks Brook 317-841-1972.

mrfixit77845

If you need help pulling codes or diagnosing issue I can pull them from a laptop to help out. Sounds to me like fuel shutoff solenoid not actuating. I would start with new injectors before a pump however. And spite what your dealer tells you the pump has serviceable parts. Call me if you need help. Thanks Brook 317-841-1972.
thank you brook for the offer but i had already got the pump in and i installed it this mornin. sure enough it fixed the problem no more f497 code. my 650 now purrs like kitten. but i can see it will be a project dozer as now it is drifting to the right next challenge i guess. but i want to thank every one on here as the things i read help me figure it out.
the thing on this one is that the code says excessive pressure in injectoin circuit and both the rubber grommets that seal the fuel line and return line were detirorated to nothing so i know that rubber residue is in the pump some where clogging it up. and seeing as they didnt want a core back im gonna open it up and look or take it to the fuwel injector place here and have them go thru it. put it on the shelf for standby or sell it cheap to some one cause i know how tight money is now a days .. merry christmasn every one from stan in texas

Landworks

Occupation
Owner/CEO
There is a rubber plug on the side of the engine at the flywheel that you need to remove. There is a tool you can order that fits in there to set the engine at the correct rotation point. Check with a fuel pump supplier or deere dealer for the timing kit would be your best option. I think mine was 40.00 or so.

Case580m

I found 650h lgp nice dozer but it's got little over 10,000 hour how long do they last

Dickjr.

Case580M , you may want to start a new thread on the 650H. I'm sure you searched this forum and there is a wealth of information to be read here. 10k hours is getting up there for that size machine. But that doesn't mean its a bad unit either. My opinion the smaller JD dozers are one of the best out there. I have Komatsu , but was open to Deere , the 650 size was what I was looking for. Ended up with a D39. Start a new thread and the Deere guys will guide you in the right direction.