• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 650g track adjustment - how to

Flashgor_99

I am trying to adjust the tracks on my dozer. The repair manual is for the wrong SN of dozer since the cover and grease fitting are not where the photo shows them. I removed the cover to expose the spring and can't find it there either. So, where is it hidden? Any help is appreciated since I'm pretty green.

AndrewC

There is a cover on the yoke remove that and it should be under that. Depending on S/N you may need a button style grease adapter. 5b

Attachments

• T208351________UN22FEB05.jpg
    T208351________UN22FEB05.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 532

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
if yours is like mine the cover may be long gone and the greese zerks may be busted off, rocks tend to be hard on things

Flashgor_99

There is a cover on the yoke remove that and it should be under that. Depending on S/N you may need a button style grease adapter. 5b

This looks like the image from my repair manual. Unless I'm completely lost and looking at the wrong place, there is nothing there. It is smooth.

buckfever

I havea 650g and the grease fitting to adjust the tracks is just like Andrew shows. There should be a bolt holding down a cover plate.

AndrewC

Take a picture of the part where your book shows you where it should be and post it. We will see what we are looking at.

AndrewC

Is there a square plug on the wide part of the yoke? If it is, then someone may have changed it from an h style to a j style. If It is remove the plug and then there should be a grease nipple behind it.

lantraxco

Yup, you can kind of see the plug in the picture.... Wonder why it took Deere a while to think of that, lol.

Flashgor_99

Is there a square plug on the wide part of the yoke? If it is, then someone may have changed it from an h style to a j style. If It is remove the plug and then there should be a grease nipple behind it.

Yes, there is. I'll check that out on Monday. Thanks for the help :)