• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 650 Pedal to Lever Steer Conversion?

Loggermc

I have a 1997 JD 650G that I have owned for several years. It's a good machine and great for what I use it for. However, I looking into converting from pedal steer to lever steer. I know that at one time John Deere had a kit to make the conversion, but apparently they no longer carry that kit. Has anyone done such a conversion, and if so, how much is involved in making such a conversion? The reason for wanting to make the change - my knees aren't up to using the pedals all day.

Dirtydobber

I am interested in this as well... Looking at purchasing a old 650g that had the logging package. As in lever steer. Would like to convert to petal if I buy it.

Deereman

I have seen the lever to pedal convert. Thoe its been a while. Hey dd if you buy that 650 just get up with loggermc and swap out linkages??

When I bought my 450g a few years back, while talking with my salesman prepurchase, I mentioned I would like it better foot steer, the next morning, he told me he would make it foot steer for $100 if I bought it, which I did. Found out later there was a sale being negotiated on a 650g that wanted lever instead of foot, at the same time, so they swapped them and made us both happy, we each paid $100 towards the labor, which I was told was 3 shop hours total

stumpjumper83

bigjohn, you did well, for some reason 1500 sticks in my mind for the conversion kit cost, and its NLA... To the op, it might be cheapest to work a deal with another 450/550/650 owner for your parts than trying to buy a kit.