• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 490E/ Hitachi EX120-2 Opinions, good & bad

backhoeboy

Occupation
farmer/ truck driver/ equipment operator
looking at buying John deere 490E. Looking for opinions about them, I've never run one of them. I've used the 490D's and liked them. But the E's I have not. They have more electronics, so if any one ever had a problem with one I'd love to know.

machine

I am sure that a lot of people have had problems with the E series or Hit. -2-3 series machines. One problem is the flow splitting hydraulics. Another problem
is finding technicians that are familiar with them and have the equipment to
troubleshoot them. Also so many of these machines have been fiddled with that even perfectly capable people have trouble trying to undo the damage caused buy tinkering.
When the machines came out, even though they were good units, the operators
found the machines jerky. The operators that understood the machines found them fast and smooth.