• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 450 E front idler ?

pinesd3400

Occupation
anything to bay the bills
I thought I had the track tension just right, but after an hours time it seemed a little too tight. So when I let some grease out the idler slamed back about
3 inches. Now for the life of us we can't budge it forward. I have a ratchet binder on the track to the blade so I can stick my finger between the idler and
track (the front) we have taken off the side plates, on the porkchop, we have two port a powers plus using the track piston NO GO. What in hells wrong
here?? Its clean power washed. In other words it moved last week with grease but now it won't budge cause its collapsed cause I let too much grease out.
And I been working on dozers big ones for 45 yrs and never seen this before. two port a powers binders grease wackin the idler with BFH no move???
guess I'm a venting so I posted this.....too bad theres no way to wrap a chain around the idler & my TD20 will move it or smash it...I'll get a pic today

sam

lantraxco

Are you getting grease into the adjuster? Sometimes the valves will plug up.

The frames wear into a taper at the front, may be jammed but you still should be able to move it. Look on the inside of the idler brackets on the bottom, there will be two bolts going up into a wear strip on each side, with shims. See if you can get those bolts out if you can get to them, might want to take the pressure off of it first. With the bolts out there's two places the wear strips can slide, maybe it will help. Bit of penetrating oil also maybe?

pinesd3400

Occupation
anything to bay the bills
Thanks, ( overnight miracle ) first thing Sunday morning, with my full charged Lincoln 18vt grease gun - stuck it in there and there it went????
Must be the night time trolls work??

sam