• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 310E synchronizers?

JL Sargent

I'll be getting into my transmission for clutch frictions (at least) in the next month or so. I've notice that the synchronizers are only fair. I called JD and got a price on new snychros and was blown away by the price. Is it possible to hand dress the synchronizer teeth? Anybody here tried that? It's my understanding that the teeth on the synchro ring wear off and resist engagement. I can presently go into all gears but it take a little synchronizing on my part.

JL Sargent

Thanks for the suggestion Tinkerer, but I called and unfortunately Joseph does not carry those for my backhoe. I'm just not interested in paying JD $3K for them. I've gotten much better at synchronizing them myself :)

camerond

Too bad to hear it is that expensive. Share what solution you come up with.