• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 310D transmission issues?

bdbarefoot

Looking for some insight on possible issues with my 95 JD 310D. Upon initial start up it will drive in both forward and reverse just fine, as well at thru all 4 gears. Once its warmed up I begin loosing power to a point that it will not move forward or reverse. I can shut it down for a few minutes and let it cool down, restart and it will work fine until it heats up again. When it stops moving, I have elevated it so that all 4 wheels are off the ground, placed it in forward and the wheel will begin to turn, but once you sit it down again, there just isn't the power to move it forward or reverse.

The only thing that I have done lately is replace the tranny fluid. I bust a line awhile back and ran to advance and bought tractor fluid to refill. I cant help but think this is the culprit since I haven't used the hoe much since then. Anyone else think the fluid type could be causing this issue?

Thanks for any assistance of guidance you can give me.

WhyWhyZed

is it the D that has a separate shuttle dipstick/compartment? might depend on serial number. I remember a Deere tech telling me something about a $7000 mistake to not check both trans fluids.

Killbox Alpha

Your reverser is going out. You could always have a clogged filter as mentioned above but most likely the reverser is getting weak. Very common thing on all the D series. Its not fun to pull it out due to the weight but its pretty simple. You will need to put a jack under the bell housing since the rear motor mounts are made into the reverser.