• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 310B - How to hold Reversible Stabilizer Pads in position

Scout_1969

Especially in soft soils, the reversible stabilizer pads will flip on their own when pulling stabilizers up.

My model (JD 310B) does not have any additional holes for a pin or 'keeper' of sorts.

I have tried bungee cords with no luck and thought about welding or attaching a chain and hook or something.

Does anyone have a way to hold them in position?

dixon700

Occupation
heavy truck mechanic
Have the same problem on my case. I guess get out and flip them every time or design some way to pin them.

1466IH

If you don't ever use it on pavement I unbolted the rubber pads off of my 590 and bolted on some 2x2x3/8" channel and the thing is rock solid now and if and when I ever work on pavement or concrete I can lay down an piece of 2x12 and some rubber belting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk