• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 310 SE Hydraulic Site Tube

boone

Just picked up a JD 310 SE. Seems to be a pretty decent machine and I'm trying to get it to a known state. Changing out fluids, filters, fixing leaky cylinders, etc.

The hydraulic reservoir has a site tube on the side which is frosted over. It's so bad, I can't see the fluid through the haze. I picked up a new tube from the dealer, which is just plastic hard tubing cut to 7". I'll have to cut a bit more off. Does anyone know if the old just pulls out and the new presses in? I assume so based on the parts diagram (tube is highlighted) but wasn't sure if there was a trick to getting this replaced.

tank.png

boone

Thanks MG! That's what I was hoping for. Sounds easy enough. Hoping I don't have to replace the fittings.