• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jd 250 locks up

toomanymachines

A neighbor purchased 250 john deere, after using it for 10 minutes, the arms and bucket lock up. it will still move, but to loader. If he shuts it down and waites a half hour, it functions fine again for 10 minutes.
anyone have this problem with a similar JD.

HillsideVT

A neighbor purchased 250 john deere, after using it for 10 minutes, the arms and bucket lock up. it will still move, but to loader. If he shuts it down and waites a half hour, it functions fine again for 10 minutes.
anyone have this problem with a similar JD.

i have had a similar problem with my 250. the culprit was corrosion around the fuse for the boom lock circuit. (fusebox beside the seat). I would guess it could be to do with the safety switches in the seat and seatbelt as well.

kuangqy

Occupation
engineer
Yes, it could be to do with the safty switches in the seat.
You can short the safty switches circuit in the seat to test it.