• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 1070 is 4900 bucks fair price

winky

Occupation
Retired Waterman/Floorlayer
I need a backup tractor and a dealer has a 1070 , unknown hours , front grill missing bottom piece , looks like it hit a post , other than that looks like a 6 out of 10 . tires good , no smoke . Dealer said it is a 4 wheel drive but has no front drive shaft . They said they bought 3 and none had one , claims they use this one for mowing and moving things around the shop. My local dealer has one , 4500 hours , 2 wheel, looks like a 5 out of 10 , 1990 for 6900 bucks thats why i was thinking on the the one for 4900 which i can pick up , 130 miles from me , any thoughts would be helpful

equip guy

Occupation
Ag and Construction Equip mechanic
Its a yanmar unit. Can still get parts through deere, good unit. For a 1990 I would go for more like $4,000-4,500. I have one same year.

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
I'd be really concerned with why the front driveshaft was missing. Its almost NEVER as simple as just tossing a new driveshaft in. I'd be wondering if the front dif's were weak/shattered/junk/ other.... That kind of stuff can get expensive quick.