• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jcb?

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
I don't remember where I got this pic from but it is supposedly a JCB. Can anybody back this up?

jcb-3c2 Backhoe.jpg

farm_boy

It sure looks like the old JCB's. I don't know who else had a backhoe with HUGE:eek: flat fenders like that!!

BTW....what is that new avatar that you have countryboy?

Countryboy

Occupation
Thats a Claas tractor from Europe. :yup

Wulf

I still think that's an early JCB probably from around 1962... I think if you look closely at the boom you can see their old 'JCB' logo. I don't think the pic is very old though because the car is pretty modern (looks like a British Rover?)

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I still think that's an early JCB probably from around 1962...

I can't say so with any authority, but I think it's a JCB too. (I think Countryboy was saying his avatar is a Claas tractor, not saying the backhoe picture is one.)

d4c24a

3c

that is probably a 3C mark 3 looks like its had a bit of a make over tinted glass and a paint job :thumbsup

Last edited:

DigDug

Yes, that is a JCB. And you can see the emblem plate on the front loader arm.

Countryboy

Occupation
Yes Digger, you are correct. Farm boy had asked about my avatar which is what I was describing. Thanks for the clarification. Back to the backhoe...I couldn't remember where I got that picture but when I looked again it says the site on the picture. :pointhead Although it no longer shows the listing on that particular one, it does have another one, a JCB 3c3. The other was a JCB 3c2.

JCB 3c3:

jcb-3c3.jpg

View attachment 2872

Last edited:

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Very nice, especially that one with the thunder and lightning. :)

I am curious, though, what would happen if some of those European marques came over to the States... Deere's got a nice following in Europe, but you don't see Fendts or Claas (many of 'em, anyhow) here. They certainly look pleasing and like they mean business, but mmm... okay, yes, it's a JCB.