• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB sitting for years. Water in diesel and probably in injector pump / injectors.

BRS78660

Ok, so I parked this JCB 208s a few years back and never got around to using it again. Now I can't get it to start.
I think it got water in the injector pump and injectors because when I drained the fuel it was like 50/50 water and diesel.
Do I have to replace them? Never had this issue before and have never replaced injectors.

I made a video of it if that helps > YouTube Video Here

I am pretty sure its water in the injector pump and injectors. Can I bleed them? Just remove and clean?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Now that u have fuel in the filter, crack the inlet/bleeder going into the inj pump.. AND.. loosen the steel lines AT THE INJECTORS..& give it a spin.. if u have fuel TO the injection pump and nothing out.. the control rack in the pump is stuck..
Does it shut off w the key switch or is it a pull cable shut off.. IF it’s a key shut off.?? Make sure u have power to the solenoid that allows it to start & run..
BTW.. that battery isn’t turning the engine fast enough to start my riding mower.. it’s gotta b FAST..

BRS78660

I know its been a while since I responded here, but I wanted to update on my progress with this tractor.

I made these videos along the way if you want to see what I did to figure out the issues:
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

I am not a mechanic, but I am also not afraid to get my hands dirty. I was a little intimidated buy the injection pump because everyone said they were so hard to do yourself. Glad I tried it because it was not that bad.

Reactions: 3X8