• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB parts manual - US model

br2an

Hi,
I have a JCB backhoe serial number SLP214TCYU0900118. Front hub just lost most of it's oil and am assuming bearing and seal need replacing. Haven't had a chance to take it apart yet but does anyone know of an online parts lookup? I tried https://parts.jcb.com but it won't take my serial number, maybe because it is made in the US?

Thanks,

Brian

jcb jeff

Brian
I have just tried it and it works what you need to do is just scroll to the bottom and then click on the oil pump picture and the bit that says search parts here then just put in 900118 in the serial no and it should work for you.
Jef

br2an

It works! Jeff, thank you for your help.

I followed the guide that said to input the last 7 digits, not 6. How did you know six would work?

Thanks again,

Brian

Edit: Just tried all 7 and that worked as well. Maybe I tried the full serial number initially?

jcb jeff

I worked for a JCB dealer here in the uk for many years!.
I set my self up as an independent including line boring.

jcb jeff

Brian
Your leak will either be from no 5 the o ring usually ok though or no 20 main hub oil seal to remove this pull the wheel then there are two bolts on the hub top hat section also remove circlip and drive gear from half shaft.
Catch the oil as you pull the top hat off ,You will then be able to remove the bolts on the outer anulas and pull this off with pull off bolts if it dont budge.
Then either with a puller or a light tap pull the rear part of the hub off the swivel casing.
when assembly make sure the hub goes on straight and square and tap home the outer bearing sometimes a 2 pair of hands are useful for this .90 Grade gear oil for the hub.
The other leak could be from the drive shaft seal in the middle of the swivel casting if so you need no 16 seal on the drive shaft picture.

br2an

Jeff,
I checked the fluids in the hub and they were just a down maybe a 1/4 inch. There is no play in the wheel so I believe the bearing is still good. I will probably just keep a careful eye on the fluids for now and fix later in the fall. Just a few small jobs this summer and no travelling.

Thanks again,

Brian