• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB movement

darrell lamb

I used my 1400B the other day and found out that it would not move in reverse, but forward was fine. It had been a while since I had used it. The relay in the steering consol(sp) are clicking for both directions and the neutral button on the bucket control. Would the solenoids on the top of gear box (or transmission) make a click or noise? Forward does not and it will move in that direction. What is the best way to check them? Thanks for any help.

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
Solenoids often click when they aren't getting enough battery juice. The contacts on all but the forward one may have dust or grease or something or your battery voltage may be low.The contactor for the others may be misaligned.

Check voltage.
Check clean-ness.

Many JCB service manuals are available online free.

darrell lamb

Thank you for the information. I will check my battery and connections. Would you have a site for the manuals. I used to have a CD with a manual on it but I,ll be dang if I can find it. Story of my life.

darrell lamb

JCB has several service manuals for the 1400B.
They vary with the tractor's serial number.
Cluless2(nice name), I will see about getting a manual. Thanks again. Pixie
JCB has several service manuals for the 1400B.
They vary with the tractor's serial number.
Solenoids often click when they aren't getting enough battery juice. The contacts on all but the forward one may have dust or grease or something or your battery voltage may be low.The contactor for the others may be misaligned.

Check voltage.
Check clean-ness.

Many JCB service manuals are available online free.
Pixie, Thank You for your help. I went out and put battery charger on battery and tried to move. IT WORKED. I checked my connections and left charger on. Thanks again.

casey518

I find it odd though that it had enough juice to start but not engage the solenoid. Hope it's working for ya.