• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB Midi CX Intermittent Power to wheels

JJM

So I have purchased this Backhoe and working through some quirks.

Latest is that at certain times it will act like it doesn't have full power to the wheels and others it will. I have moved the creep control around and sometimes seems like it will help and others it doesn't. It is hard to pin point.

So for example if I was to go in low gear ( electronic flip switch) and drive up to a concrete slab at my shop. Then throttle up as to push it forward. Sometimes it will spin all 4 tires if I throttle up as I would expect because it cannot move it. Other times it will sit there and act like either a clutch is slipping or its in high gear and cannot turn the tires in the dirt. Not sure why this happens.

It appears the hydraulic fluid was changed before I got it. Fluid looks pretty clear and the one filter I see under neath looks new. So I imagine thats done. Thoughts?

When switching from high to low or vice versa how long does it take for it to engage into either range? Perhaps it is stuck in high range?? I can feel a pretty quick gear ratio change when I hit the button so I assumed it was already engaged.