• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB JS130 Hydraulic problems - Dipper functions weak

HeinWernerOP

Hello everyone. I have a 2000 JCB JS130 Excavator I recently purchased .... At an auction... May be my problem right there. Has 3200 hours.

The machine moves fast and tracks quickly in all speeds. I can rotate the tracks opposite one another with no issue. However it does wander towards one track.

My main issue is when digging, all functions seem reasonably efficient besides the dipper stick function. It struggles to dig and push material away whether the machine is hot or cold. The engine does not big down during this issue. Bucket curl seems strong enough and it will lift virgin soil with a full bucket with the boom fine. The main struggle is the dipper. I am currently waiting for a hydraulic pressure test kit to see what my pressures are, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had issues like this, and had it be a relief valve issue rather than a pump problem. Seeing that the machine has enough power to counter rotate the tracks in any travel speed I'm hoping it is not the pump. When the dipper stops moving in the dirt, you can hear the pump whine as if I had extended a function fully and held the control there. The machine won't pick itself up very high with the main lift boom alone, but when using the curl or dipper with the main boom it will lift itself no problem. Hoping someone can give me some feedback based on prior experience. Really hoping I didn't buy a machine with a bad pump. Thanks in advance everyone.

If I can, I will post a video of it digging.