• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB ISO SAE change over option

panamask

I ordered about 60 hydraulic hoses for my excavator. I used the piping schematics to get the part numbers. Now that I am installing the new hoses, I realized that I completely omitted the hoses for the change over circuit. It is extremely difficult for me to place an order for the missing hoses. I am thinking to get the hoses made locally here in Panama, but nobody carries the small diameter hoses, which makes things difficult in a small machine.
Now I am considering to eliminate the change over circuit all together by capping off the valve connections. However, I have no idea if that can even be done. I don't care if the machine is in SAE or ISO mode. I just need to get it working.

Attachments

• CHANGEOVER, ISO_SAE, OPTIONAL, M_C'S W_O SWITCHABLE BOOM BOOST.pdf
    388.7 KB · Views: 4

skata

Can you find A hose shop in another country and have them shipped to you? Or put in bigger hose and get them locally?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
That appears to be a simple request to just by pass the change over Identify the equipment main valves and match to the hose comming from the RCV if you need more help pM me.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Attached may be helpful.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• JCB 803 RCV.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

panamask

I ordered about 60 hydraulic hoses for my excavator. I used the piping schematics to get the part numbers. Now that I am installing the new hoses, I realized that I completely omitted the hoses for the change over circuit. It is extremely difficult for me to place an order for the missing hoses. I am thinking to get the hoses made locally here in Panama, but nobody carries the small diameter hoses, which makes things difficult in a small machine.
Now I am considering to eliminate the change over circuit all together by capping off the valve connections. However, I have no idea if that can even be done. I don't care if the machine is in SAE or ISO mode. I just need to get it working.
Can you find A hose shop in another country and have them shipped to you? Or put in bigger hose and get them locally?
Actually I ordered the 60 hoses from England, so I got the originals. Due to the covid crap it took 4 months to complete the order. Then the supplier shipped via DHL and it took only 3 days from England to Panama City. Freight cost for a 58 kg box $ 700.00. Then another $ 350.00 to clear customs and after that another 3 weeks to get the hoses because DHL doesn't deliver even close to my area. Additionally all European companies that are represented in Panama are not distinguishable from native Panamanian companies. Meaning they are crap. The word servic is unknown in this country. It took more than 30 emails to DHL to release the shipment and for 10 days after I sent them the wire transfer confirmation 6 times I received annoying emails from the collection department about payment pending. These messages came from an email address that would not accept replies. So I kept sending my confirmation to all of the DHL contacts I had, but the emails kept coming. Also received SMS messages, again with a setup that didn't allow replies.
So yes, I have considered getting the hoses from another country.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
You said "small diameter". How small exactly..?
A possible option would be to contact IASA the Cat dealer. I would be very surprised if they did not have a hose shop that could build anything to pattern if you took the old hoses for the pattern changer connections to them as samples.

panamask

You said "small diameter". How small exactly..?
A possible option would be to contact IASA the Cat dealer. I would be very surprised if they did not have a hose shop that could build anything to pattern if you took the old hoses for the pattern changer connections to them as samples.
There is also a JCB dealer, Cardoze y Lindo (formerly CAT Rep), I have stopped dealing with them 4 years ago. Last time was when I sent a solenoid and the spool with my wife to Panama City. They looked at it and told my wife they had no idea what this could be. After living here for 20 years I can with certainty say that all foreign companies, represented by Panamanian companies are crap. Mercedes, BMW, Audi, JCB, Yamaha, Carbone, etc... None of them would survive in a competitive environment. For example you contact one of the prestigious companies and give them a part number for what you are looking for. You are told they have the same thing, but with a different part number (I am talking about original part numbers, not a generic replacement). Then they want to sell you the part, but it is non returnable. Anyway, thank you for your suggestion. The small hoses are 6.3 mm