• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jcb customer service

catwelder

Occupation
welder
so this is a funny little story to me anyways. I got a call today from the jcb customer service center going through the normal questions and I haven't inquired about jcb stuff in a while so I asked the lady when was my request. she tells me its from 2014 and that their records show that no one got in touch with me so they are now checking in on me to see if I need anything. im not sure if that's normal for certain companies or if im alone on this

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
That's the funniest thing I heard all day. 4 years later and its like, Duh, Can we help you now. Do you still need parts or service.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
That's the funniest thing I heard all day. 4 years later and its like, Duh, Can we help you now. Do you still need parts or service.
ill be honest I don't even remember what I was trying to buy from them and she was trying to sell me something so I go give me a quote on a backhoe she goes im not a sales person ill get you in contact with someone and im just thinking nope im good it took yall four years to get to me im not about to wait another four to be disappointed

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Boy some people are impatient! It's not like they didn't respond to you inquiry!

Have you never been told that :Good things come to those who wait!"?
Or "Patience is a virtue!"?

I guess catwelder is not very high up on the virtuous list!:p

xr4ticlone

Occupation
Trusted Adviser to the Construction World
You got lucky...some people got a timely response and now they own a...JCB. :(

Terex only exists to help JCB owners feel better about their choices.

LouGong only exists to help Terex buyers feel like they could have done worse.

Glock exists to help LouGong buyers resolve their poor choices.

As a LouGong dealer once told me...you know how you sell a guy two LouGong's?

At the same time. :)

catwelder

Occupation
welder
Boy some people are impatient! It's not like they didn't respond to you inquiry!

Have you never been told that :Good things come to those who wait!"?
Or "Patience is a virtue!"?

I guess catwelder is not very high up on the virtuous list!:p
i mean its still better customer service then Walmart gave me least she was nice should of asked for a free dinner to make up for my long wait

catwelder

Occupation
welder
You got lucky...some people got a timely response and now they own a...JCB. :(

Terex only exists to help JCB owners feel better about their choices.

LouGong only exists to help Terex buyers feel like they could have done worse.

Glock exists to help LouGong buyers resolve their poor choices.

As a LouGong dealer once told me...you know how you sell a guy two LouGong's?

At the same time. :)
no no no jcb is very busy brand im sure they have a long list of customers that was before me im sure they sold 1 machine in this four year wait

Norwegian Steam

thats typically the hallmark of company undergoing a top down revamp of their sales team.
most likely the new VP ordered the customer service department to purge their backlog and contact everyone.
no one is going to pretend its a viable strategy but the lady probably had to make the call just to keep the boss happy.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
thats typically the hallmark of company undergoing a top down revamp of their sales team.
most likely the new VP ordered the customer service department to purge their backlog and contact everyone.
no one is going to pretend its a viable strategy but the lady probably had to make the call just to keep the boss happy.
honestly it made me laugh because im still get stuff in the mail from them now

Jeckyl1920

I sat down and talked to a salesman about the prices between a 3cx and hydradig, and having an engcon added....

That was 2 months ago. No call or email yet.

I think he missed his window. I'm now on the fence between cat or volvo.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
I sat down and talked to a salesman about the prices between a 3cx and hydradig, and having an engcon added....

That was 2 months ago. No call or email yet.

I think he missed his window. I'm now on the fence between cat or volvo.
don't worry they will get back to you in a few years and then be shocked when your confused on why there calling you and id go with cat because honestly im more towards cat for anything.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Now I know why JCB can not keep a dealer in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

kjkoch

I should be getting several calls pretty soon then. I finally gave up on the local dealer and have been ordering parts from their competitor 250 miles away. I get overnight service from them.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
I should be getting several calls pretty soon then. I finally gave up on the local dealer and have been ordering parts from their competitor 250 miles away. I get overnight service from them.
if it makes you feel better there sending me stuff about wheel loaders when I guess when I wanted a quote I was asking about a backhoe or excavator because I have never been interested in there wheel loaders

catwelder

Occupation
welder
Ill tell yall what I got on youtube and the damn local jcb dealer had a ad on there and said they had the best customer service in north Carolina still dint give me a location but still

kjkoch

Times have changed. I was telling a customer yesterday, I used to order pallet loads of parts from cat almost daily, and it would be ready at 7 in the morning with no screw ups or problems every time. Now, even if you look up the part numbers yourself, it gets screwed up. Its every dealer, no one cares anymore. But I guess it is that way every where now, I know a few younger mechanics that take no pride in what they are turning out either, it has become whats normal I guess. Its not like it was went I started 30 years ago.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
Times have changed. I was telling a customer yesterday, I used to order pallet loads of parts from cat almost daily, and it would be ready at 7 in the morning with no screw ups or problems every time. Now, even if you look up the part numbers yourself, it gets screwed up. Its every dealer, no one cares anymore. But I guess it is that way every where now, I know a few younger mechanics that take no pride in what they are turning out either, it has become whats normal I guess. Its not like it was went I started 30 years ago.
when I bought my Kubota tractor within the first week I had it there was a wiring problem that made the tractor turn off and it would burn up fuses they wanted to charge me 250 to come pick it up and then another 500 to fix it said the hell with me and my dad looked found the wire it was touching to close to another and we took some tape and wrapped it and had it space out and never had a problem since