• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 540 Telehander Service

Lost_Odeassy

Hi All,

I have a JBC 540 telehandler & on the road it has been over heating but possiblty due to summer months, here the temp could be 40 - 45 C, anways since we do not when when full detailed oil change etc was done, we plan to do a full serices,

i.e. mainly the hydrualic fluids change, what we do not know a) what are the recommond fluids

b) access to a website where we can get service scheudle or ideallly copy of service manual, will appeircate your comments as to what do you guys use in terms of optimum performance

i.e. changes of hydrual fluid after how many hours? what type and also if you know how much litters is changed plus any other precuation. thanks in advance

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
hi there lost odeassy, we normally service like this 1) engine oil & filter, fuel filters and check over every 250hrs 2) transmission & axles every 1000hrs 3) hydraulic oil every 2000hrs. Also check your air in-take filter every service and change every 1000hrs or before if working in dusty condictions. The oils we use are,

#Engine oil 15w/40w
#transmission ATF 3000
#Axle hd 30
#Hydraulic Nuto 32

These oils may vary for your environment i should have a manual about some were to varify this for you, hope this helps and i'l let you know if theres anything esle you need to know!

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Hi All,

I have a JBC 540 telehandler & on the road it has been over heating but possiblty due to summer months, here the temp could be 40 - 45 C, anways since we do not when when full detailed oil change etc was done, we plan to do a full serices,

i.e. mainly the hydrualic fluids change, what we do not know a) what are the recommond fluids

b) access to a website where we can get service scheudle or ideallly copy of service manual, will appeircate your comments as to what do you guys use in terms of optimum performance

i.e. changes of hydrual fluid after how many hours? what type and also if you know how much litters is changed plus any other precuation. thanks in advance

Have you tried a direct contact with JCB and asked the same questions ?

JDOFMEMI

All the JCB tele's I have been around run hot in the desert. Cooling system just not quite enough for + 100 F days. Roading is the worst, no time at all till its hot.