• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jcb 520 tele

fendtman

dont have one, but

it just looks like a handy unit, compact, easy to get around, able to lift pallent of seed, move bales. wondering if they are good machine.

JCBgm

Here in the US there are only a few competitors to the 520. Not as many choices as the rest of the world. Right now 520s can be had at a bargin. Probably 60% (or more) of the 520s our dealership sells goes to ag.

I'll keep my opinions to myself since I'm biased!

lee

hi the jcb 520 is a very good m/c very versitile ive used them and cant fault them but yes go for the ag spec m/c

fendtman

ag spec

what is or how do you tell if it is a ag spec machine, know of any bargins out there.

JCBiron

The JCB 520 is an excellent little machine for the farm....as far as there being "way better machines" out there....JCB invented the compact telehandler, has been producing them longer than anyone, and is the #1 Telehandler manufacturer in the world....

Like JCBGm, however, I will try and keep my opinions to myself :)

maquinariawiebe

Occupation
Aquisitions
The company I work for sold one of these to a cattle farmer. He wanted to use it for moving bales around. compact, four-wheel drive, he says its great for the job. When we bought the machine to resell it, it didn't have the main control pump, one of the wheel ends was stripped of its parts and it was missing the crown and pinion. We agreed that we would pay half of the parts, he pay the other half. It was about $7500 USD for all the parts. Some original, some aftermarket. Kind of pricey, but considering what the machine was missing, the year of the machine and the fact that he really needed the forklift, its not that bad. I purchased the parts from ontrack Machinery and parts. Great Service, good prices!

HSV127

I owned a 520-40 2005 model, got it second hand with a farm I bought, it hadn't been very well looked after and had been overheated.

I don't know about the one you're looking at but mine only had a coolant temperature light, which I think must have contributed to it being cooked so I fitted a gauge to better monitor temp.

Other than that it was a very capable machine good for getting into small areas. My one had a 1 cubic meter bucket that it handled well.

WAG

I just bought a 520 to keep in my shop to load concrete forms and even have a old loader bucket adapted for it to load sand. Now we are doing brick work in Elizabeth NJ and its the best thing around a tight site. If anyone knows of any for sale yet me know. I'll trade my skids steers for one anyday.

cherokee101

JCB 520-50 Auxiliary Hydraulics

The JCB 520 is an excellent little machine for the farm....as far as there being "way better machines" out there....JCB invented the compact telehandler, has been producing them longer than anyone, and is the #1 Telehandler manufacturer in the world....

Like JCBGm, however, I will try and keep my opinions to myself :)

You appear to be a JCB guy. I have a 210S and think it is a very tough unit. I've built a skid steer adapter for it. The aux hyd pump isn't very big though. Wich manufacturers would think about that and put a minimum of about 15 gpm on all tractors, loaders and other stuff you could hook hydraulic accessories up to.

Anyway, I see the aux pump for the 520 is about 17 gpm? Would you see a problem using the machine to run a hydraulic motor driven brush cutter without over heating under normal circumstances?

My focus is down to a 190t or a 520. The 520 just seems like it would be a much more versatile machine though with compromise of flotation and hill side stability. If it would handle the motor duty it I think it could be ideal for my needs / want tos. I know it has a torque converter so forwards and backwards would be on the shuttle shift. Would it stand up under moderate repetitive shuttle service such as cleaning around trees and back up to regrind cut material?

I just have not needed many parts but what I have needed have not been hard to get from On Track.

Thanks in advance.

cherokee101

Thanks. Texas though and Oklahoma. I don't have start problems most days except with my Perkins Parma on a loader. It is a pig but it still runs!