• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 520 - No steering

NCPatrol

Hi folks. I just picked up a basketcase 2005 520 with some interesting steering issues. The wheels are currently positioned in crab steer with both pointing to the right, but do not respond to steering input. When I turn the wheel left, I get no response. When I turn the wheel right, they move a tiny bit and sound like they're maxed out and hitting the stops.

To add to it, I can't for the life of me figure out where the steering mode selector switch is or should be. I have several unlabeled rocker switches on the dash, but they all appear to be for the lights.

Any suggestions on where to start with this? Are there solenoids or anything that I can jump to try to narrow it down to an electrical or hydraulic issue?

Also, does anyone happen to have an owner's manual and/or service manual for this machine? I see them on ebay but they all appear to be bootleg copies and I hate paying ebay sellers for those when they're probably already floating around the web somewhere.