• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jcb 510-56 outriggers wont work

timstar2

Hello I was hoping someone could help with a issue of outriggers not comming down, there are no error codes and when attempting to use them it gives alarm buzz and that is all everything appears to be working, . the lock out switch seems ok and i tried switching it with the joystick lock out switch as well but still nothing ,any help out here?

crane operator

Sorry tim, JCB is pretty rare in my neighborhood, JCB's equipment has always been a little different, and that keeps guys away, and there are no dealers close. If its giving a alarm buzz, then to me that means the issue is electrical, rather than mechanical/ hydraulic. I'm afraid you need a manual and maybe a dealer for a little help.

timstar2

they are a strange breed for sure . a service manual would be helpfull jcb should make them available on their website.. trying to get one. dealers of little help so far , but i have some software for the laptop coming , I think one of the sensors may need re- calibration . i will figure it out just takes time .

jcb jeff

Have you got serial number as i might be able to find info.
But if its like the ones we have in the uk you have magnetic switches on the boom to main frame so it works out boom position also there are pressure switches on the rams on the legs wiring often gets damaged but i would go for the boom switches normally black or blue and bolted on to the boom and the other half onto the chassis of the pivot up rights.
They normally wont allow the legs to be lifted whilst out of range of the switch as a safety switch.
There are also switches on the extension booms depending how many you have .
Jeff

timstar2

Yes it does have. Those type of switches and i think they are giving an issues. Ineed to get the laptop hooked on to check the calibration of them. I understand there is a sway sensor. For body tilt as well that i need to locate

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
they are a strange breed for sure . a service manual would be helpfull jcb should make them available on their website.. trying to get one. dealers of little help so far , but i have some software for the laptop coming , I think one of the sensors may need re- calibration . i will figure it out just takes time .
What is your email .I can email you one .