• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 3d II - NO VIN -where to find brake pads parts for this 70's old dog

max2004

Occupation
Retired Commercial Transport Inspector
Hello all,

Searched this pup high and low, daytime and night and no sign of any VIN, or VIN plate rivet holes
It's not where the most common places are, anyone have one this vintage ?
Looking for 1970's (I think) JCB 3d II backhoe brake parts, searched every where. Anyone know where I can get them ?
Parts people say I must produce it ...

Thanks

Willis Hodgkinson

Hello all,

Searched this pup high and low, daytime and night and no sign of any VIN, or VIN plate rivet holes
It's not where the most common places are, anyone have one this vintage ?
Looking for 1970's (I think) JCB 3d II backhoe brake parts, searched every where. Anyone know where I can get them ?
Parts people say I must produce it ...

Thanks
The JCB 3D mk 2 had the Nuffield tractor skid unit in it, from what I remember it had dry disk brakes. you could try to have these relined with new friction material if any companies near you carry out this service. The Nuffield ( later tractors called Leyland tractors) are still being restored here in the UK so parts are available I have seen some friction linings for the Nuffield tractor on ebay to rivet on to the original steel splined disks. Also the brake actuator parts are still available. try posting questions on which skid unit you have on www.classicmachinery.net. good luck as for the serial number not sure on that.

max2004

Occupation
Retired Commercial Transport Inspector
THANKS Willis!!
What a strike of good luck you are.
Set me on target indeed.

John Charnley & Sons has them in stock