1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

JCB 3CX service light

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by Davidson, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Davidson

Davidson Member

I am new to the JCB world and I'm not familiar with the service codes I'm hoping someone out there can give me Some sound advice The service light came on today on my 2014 JCB 3CX Backhoe And it reads contact JCB dealer P040000Can anyone tell me what this means please thank you in advance

2. LN Pipeline

LN Pipeline Well-Known Member

3. Davidson

Davidson Member

Thank you very much for your quick Response

4. LN Pipeline

LN Pipeline Well-Known Member

5. Davidson

Davidson Member

Excellent I Will try to get in touch with him I really appreciate your help thanks again

6. edgephoto

edgephoto Well-Known Member

I am a field engineer for an auto manufacturer. P040000 looks like an OBD II code. If it is the code is P0400 and the other 2 zeroes are more detail about the actual reason for the fault.

P0 codes are generic codes related to an issue. Not manufacturer specific. The 4 means it is an emissions issue.

The code means there is not EGR flow detected when there should be EGR operation. Not sure how the EGR valve is activated. It might just be full off carbon. Remove the valve and see if the port is clear.

7. jcb jeff

jcb jeff Senior Member

P0400-00 is a exhaust gas re circulation a flow fault.
    I would guess its blocked or the little tube is restricted if you pull it off and clean it out or it may be case of new unit.

Attached Files:

• 31.JPG
      31.JPG
      File size:
      75.6 KB
      Views:
    • 32.JPG
      32.JPG
      File size:
      109.9 KB
      Views:
    • 33.JPG
      33.JPG
      File size:
      67.6 KB
      Views:
    • 35.JPG
      35.JPG
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Views:
    Tinkerer likes this.
  8. jcb jeff

jcb jeff Senior Member

Here some more

Attached Files:

9. Davidson

Davidson Member

10. Davidson

Davidson Member

Thank you sir this is very helpful to me I'm very grateful thanks again

11. Davidson

Davidson Member

Thank you sir for your help I'm very grateful I really needed this information thanks again

Tinkerer likes this.
  12. skata

skata Senior Member

You try clearing the code in case it was just a fluke?
    I believe you hold down the info button for 10 or 20 seconds to get in the secondary menu.

13. Davidson

Davidson Member

Thank you for the great advice I really appreciate all you guys out there that are willing to help a poor country boy