• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jcb 3ciii

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
After looking around a bit I went and got one. Now it's just going to be learning to use it.....At lease here on the farm there isn't many around to see me look really bad at operating it! I will need to find the op and service manuals for it!

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,264
  • DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,614
Last edited:

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
She's a beautiful thing:), and probably a very robust machine. You might get years of work out of her. I've only seen one around here. I looked at it several years ago but did not climb down into the cab 'cockpit'. Quite likely it's well supported by JCB and there's a big following across the pond. Phil:)

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Phil the price was right! nearest dealer is 50 miles but my other option was to go JD or Cat, thats still 25 miles. And here I couldn't touch a Deer or a Cat for the same money. It's got a few minor problems that need sorted out and I have to get the service and op manuals for it.

Rick

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
The one like it up here was listed for $4K recently and I assume it needed a bit of work. Like the old Dynahoes, these machines were built to work hard, and likely did not evolve from a farm tractor. I'd put the value of that at about $6000-$6,500 if it worked good and the rubber was good. If sold in the spring, no one would be too concerned about the lack of cab and it's probably more enjoyable to run anyway, without cab vibration.

There was a picture of a restored one here, but not sure which thread. It showed what was likely the correct colour for the wheels, but I can't remember what it was. In the UK these are highly thought of and I believe there's lots of JCB's there. The name Digger Doctor comes up once in a while, for parts and support. Phil:)

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
Never think of yourself as looking bad while learning. We all started out some were, practice makes perfect. Nice looking machine you got, good luck!

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
The 3c is a good strong machine, i found the clutch always a little hard. Ive seen a few power train ones for sale too. Im sure you will have it for years to come

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
Yes, ive seen a 3cmk3 with a 3in1 front bucket, extra dig back actor, 4wd and shuttle gears. Most are shuttle and 4 in 1 front bucket

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
OK this has the shuttle, no clutch, steering brakes and gas pedal is it. Still trying to make sure I know where all the fluid checks are. I know I have found the engine dip stick and 2 on the op platform. One goes into the tranny and the other to the shuttle. Can't find a hydraulic level unless thats the same as the shuttle.

Rick

lee

hi mate that is a good looking old girl people here in the uk would love to have one looking like that over here there are quite a few people doing them up like the vintage tractors but yours does look good as for operators manuels or parts a man over here called digger doctor uk will sort you out just google the name he will also know the technical problems with it if you have any give him a try if your stuck good luck

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
. The transmission fluid was red or green, you never mixed them. There may be a clear one now, not 100%. Would transmission and shuttle no be the same. Yours is electric torque. Just remember not to tow it as it will blow the box. Old manual 3cs with the clutch, people used to put the front bucket in the back of a tipper and tow them but cant do it with the torgue machines

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Working

Was doing a little work today and my grandson who has never been close to a bakhoe got to watch.....he was going on about how "cool" and "sweet" it is.

Rick

Attachments

• con dig.JPG
    con dig.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,019