• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 300T / Volvo 135MCT No Fuel To Injectors

MTNXTREME800

Installed rebuilt motor, machine ran before, but low on power, have fuel to injection pump but can’t get fuel to injector when cracking to bleed, fuel shut off switch working fine. Any ideas ?!

MTNXTREME800

It sat for about six months, we finally got fuel at the injectors but won’t fire. You rebuilt a John a Deere pump for me did a nice job.

MTNXTREME800

Messed with it a little this morning barely getting foamy fuel at injector, but good fuel at pump inlet. It’s 2013 a Delphi pump can’t figure it out. If I pump the filter housing I get nothing, if I crank the motor I get the little bit of fuel with bubbles.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Hole in the diagram..on the pump..
It usually pressurizes the fuel tank..
Or U have a stuck open injector and it’s blowing compression back thru the injector and into the pump..

MTNXTREME800

Hmmmm my feed line to the pump has a tee in it that is a return back to the tank, I don’t hear anything coming back thru.
Taking into consideration it ran before we pulled it do you think it has a hole? Or the pump is bad 6 months later ?
Are these pumps decent brand ?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Have u unhooked ALL the injector lines from the injectors to the pump.??
If so, u can count out compression..
The pump sounds like a likely culprit..

MTNXTREME800

Have u unhooked ALL the injector lines from the injectors to the pump.??
If so, u can count out compression..
The pump sounds like a likely culprit..
I had them all cracked at the same time not unhooked. If it’s stuck possibly can I shoot air thru it or something ? I also thought possibly the pump could be air locked too but I don’t see a bleeder ? When I remove the fuel shut off solenoid should fuel come out that hole while pumping bleeder or turning over ? It does not and I thought it should ?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Did u have a shop manual to put the pump on.??
Was it locked when u put it on.?? (Timed)
U gotta b a rocket scientist to put one on..
And if the timing isn’t right, u have to take it to a fuel shop to get it reset.. they have to put it on a test stand to set and lock the timing..

MTNXTREME800

I dropped off the motor to the rebuilder with the pump on it and got it back the same way, I’m assuming the rebuilder never took it off ? If he did remove it, was he supposed to put it back on a certain way ?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Have u removed the lines from the injectors to see if it’s compression blowing back thru the injectors.??
U can check the diagram in the boost compensator by removing both lines..
Blow about 6 psi into the top hole and feel to see if it’s coming thru the bottom hole..
BE CAREFUL.. u don’t wanna blow a hole in it..
Good luck..

MTNXTREME800

No I’m gonna try removing the lines next.
If I remove the fuel shut off solenoid and pump the bleeder or crank engine should fuel come out that hole, it doesn’t, if that means anything.
Also saw a Delphi trouble shooting chart and it says make sure the shut off linkage is not in stop position ?!
Which lines am I removing and shooting air thru ?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Yes fuel SHOULD come out of the solenoid hole.!!
R u sure your supply pump is working.?? Do u have fuel in the tank.??
The shut off solenoid is the one in front of the pump inlet..

Find the boost compensator on the top cover.. it’s the round piece that sits up on a pedestal.

MTNXTREME800

In the second pic you see the solenoid with two yellow wires and a blue too, that’s what I replaced. When I remove that nothing comes out that hole. If I remove the feed line to pump and pump the filter it comes out readily at that feed line, if I hook it back up I get nothing. I don’t see a supply pump the feed from filter housing goes directly into the pump. I removed the housing on tank that feeds the filter and it’s only a fuel level sensor and little sock filter. I don’t see a supply pump like in my old John Deere’s.