• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 214S

Dave Neubert

power shift trans when you put the shifter control in first it goes to third, Third position is still 3rd , have no low everything else works properly. Anyone have a diagram of what solenoid does what

LN Pipeline

93267233-A3D6-4247-BDA9-4AE1453A4CC6.jpeg F317A5AB-994F-4455-A782-8C1956A79AEC.jpeg

If you pull the relay below, the right prong should be hot in 1rst and 2nd gear.

76DC5A62-7351-4A81-9E44-91852E8F43D0.jpeg

I think the “Description” for P and Q should be swapped in the manual, cause they are swapped on my machine. So if Q doesn’t light up in 2nd gear, try testing P.

Dave Neubert

Thanks I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how I had 1,2,3,4 and f and r with only 5 solenoids did not know it had a high and low range. So I guess in 1st it is not going into low range so it is in 3rd

LN Pipeline

So I guess in 1st it is not going into low range so it is in 3rd[/QUOTE]

Correct.

If you pull that relay and the right prong doesn’t light up in 1rst, then I’m guessing you have a bad contact in the selector handle on the steering column.

Maybe try jiggling it back and forth between 1rst and 2nd a bunch of times to see if it frees up. That handle will be expensive through JCB.

Again, on my machine, the Layshaft/Mainshift relay is second from the right. Not third from the right like the book says. I’m guessing the machine you’re working on is the same, and the mistake is in the book.