• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jcb 212s won't start

Dsiss3

Does any one know if there is any safety's the will kill the machine if any guilds are to low? Or any way to check what the alarm is going off for

Dsiss3

Yea when the machine quit alarm came right on. Today I drained water separator didn't see at water so clean fuel. But it didn't have much of a flow. Also noticed lift pump never shuts off no matter how long a let it sit with key turned. Still have to get a filter. Checked the fuel shut off and it still makes a very quiet noise.

jcb jeff

By alarm do you mean the ign buzzer as this will operate as soon as you turn the key to ign on engine not running once engine is running should go out .
reasons for buzzer to make a noise whilst engine running are hand brake on and machine in forward or reverse ,low battery charge rate will also put battery icon on dash panel , low trans pressure also light on dash panel , low engine oil pressure and light on dash, air filter blocked and light on dash, i think also there is a temp overheat as well.
As far as you fuel you need to perhaps start with the basics at tank firstly by checking the tank is clean in side and that no floating debris also that the fuel pipes are not blocked in any way check each one in turn perhaps blow an air line down each to confirm.
Fuel sediment trap if its the one with a plastic bowl with a 10mm nut on the top check that the o ring is under the nut and also the square section seal is in good shape as these will draw air in as they are on the suction side of things (but don'2016-09-08 07.49.46.jpgt over tighten the plastic bowl or it will pull the threaded rod out of the plastic )
As far as any shut off unless the machine has an immobilizer fitted and you have power to crank and start the machine and you have 12 volts to the stop solenoid on the injection pump your in business the stop solenoid some times fail you can pull these out and check the plunger pulls in when ign is turned on and released when its turned of the electrical terminals if old used to give pore connections may be if suspect crimp some new spade terminals on.

Dsiss3

My filter is all black screw off bottom half with a lift pump on top. I messed with all ground and machine is turn over faster but it seem my starter is getting hotter more smoke and ground hooked to seliniod was glowing red and caused a small flame. With old battery is wouldnt do that new one is a high crankin 1050 cca. Two big ?

Dsiss3

Also realized it's the power wire that's coming off the seliniod going into the starter that smoking and gettin hot not the ground

jcb jeff

Yes 12 volt unless its an ex army machine and some were 24 volt but you would have twin batteries fitted perhaps the starter needs to be bench tested and may be refurbish or replace as a starting point on that one.just a thought no one has changed the battery cable for a smaller version by chance?
On the fuel system that black filter is your main filter but should have a sediment trap some where on the chassis as well for the water / dirt before the pump/filter housing.

Delmer

Unless it's a 6 volt system, you're not giving it too much power. You could have a dozen big batteries hooked up parallel and the starter will never get more than 12 volts. The starter draws as much as it needs or can draw. It sure sounds like the starter needs some work, but it's hard to tell from here with all the problems you have and no voltage tests.

Dsiss3

Finally did some testing. Main power wire from seliniod to starter and grounded on start once craving started at 4 ,6,7,8, and pegged at 9ac. No 10. Tested ground of seliniod and power on seliniod and it read 12v at all times read 0 when cranking. Battery tested At 13dc touched 14 once. Got my new sediment filter in and can't get bowl to fill up. Any ideas

Dsiss3

Yea the one on the side of fuel tank.cant get it to fill but but can hear a gurgle in the tank when key it turned

Delmer

Take it one step at a time, start with the tank, take the line off and make sure fuel flows out, it's not empty is it? go through the whole system piece by piece, or go halfway and see if there's fuel and work toward the blockage.

Once you have the fuel pumping like it should, replace the battery cables that are burned up. And either test the voltage again, or bring the starter in to get tested or repaired.

jcb jeff

check all the o rings on filters /traps and that the hoses are tight as it seems either drawing in air or you have a fuel blockage in the tank/pipework .
Check to make sure the fuel hose coming from the tank is not crushed or tied to tight any where near the gearbox .
Also take a look in the tank as you may have debris /rag stuck in the outlet pipe from the tank.

greg9504

Dsiss3,

I just PM you links to the operator/service manuals for your machine. The operator manual goes over changing the fuel filter and priming the system. I have a 2004 as well. On the same side as the battery, there is a black plastic cover, in behind that is a large electrical connector with several fusible links. You might want to check those connections. Be warned that the rivnuts might slip if the bolts are rusted in, I ended up having to cut some of the bolts and weld in new nuts for the cover. Also check the actual connection where the wire connects to the terminal connection, I had to replace the terminal connection on the wire at the battery for ground wire.

2004JCB212S_fusiblelink_001.jpg

2004JCB212S_fusiblelink_002.jpg

2004JCB212S_fusiblelink_003.jpg

Dsiss3

Ok I filled the bowl but it just drains it down and I can't get it to pick up on the tank. I can't figure out what I need to do to injection pump. It mentions a priming level but I don't see one

Delmer

What mentions a priming leveR ? I did, but others corrected me that it's an electric pump. It should pump fuel out of anything that's opened upstream of the pump anytime that pump is on.