• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 2010 3CX Non-Eco cold start stalling solved.

hootowl

Occupation
Retired
I first got this machine used in 2013. It was difficult to keep running upon initial start. Once warmed up all was good. I was concerned that this would be an ongoing problem.

Last fall I dumped a some diesel fuel treatment along with a bottle of SeaFoam injector cleaner.

I am very happy to report that the cold start stalling issue has been resolved.

In the middle of the winter I started her up in the cold and she never stalled... keep in mind that I am also not waiting more than 30 seconds to a minute before I begin moving the hydraulics. The manual specifically tells you to not idle the machine but to begin putting some loads on it to get it warmed up.

Yesterday, again after she had sat for a good 30 days, she started right up with not a hiccup.

Machine has about 950 hrs. Non-Eco

20131221_101108.jpg