• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jcb 1Cxt where do i fit in??

Pottypirate

Occupation
Part time operator
Hey guys. What section should i be posting in ha ha im a hybrid.The 1cxt is a funny machine, technically a backhoe/loader but on a skid steer frame and takes skid steer attachments. I have qwuite a few questions coming up over tbe new few minths as i set the machine up as i want it and want to make sure i post in the correct part of forum. What would you call them?

Pottypirate

Occupation
Part time operator
I work fly in fly out and have bought the machine and a tipper to cart it round on to work jobs on my time off. So far ive done boxing out for concretors, digging for retaining walls, spreading topsoil over paddocks etc. I bought it instead of a combo as there are a few guys around doing that sort of work and want to leave the smaller jobs next to houses etc to those guys. Being an ex grader driver and pipe layer id like to focus more on the civil and rural side of things, shallow trenching for water main, electrical and site clean ups but i'd also like to do small rural driveways. Having the engine in the front and on tracks it punches well above its weight for pushing even with a 50hp engine. Ive only had the machine under a year so i am just doing small jobs and with the profits just buying more equipment. I think it would suit house pads and highrise construction pads with the right grading equipment like a level best. So far all i have is, pallet forks, auger and spreader bar and a good choice of buckets. I didnt want two machines to maintain plus the truck and a trailer which would be needed for a combo so i thought i'd try this little rig out. Aswell as driving graders i had operated quite a few jcb backhoes and always impressed with them. This machine is typical jcb, overall very good but the small things are cheaply made, door hinges, mirrors etc. I hope to slowly build up clientel and give away the fly in fly out work after nearly 15 years but it is handy to compliment the busibess cashflow while setting up.

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Hi Pottypirate.
I think you fit in here https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/jcb-1cx-have-you-used-one.8672/
I've got a couple of JCB 1CX's and like you I find them extremely handy. Like a skid steer and excavator in the one machine :)
The only difference between the 1CX and the 1CXT is wheels compared to tracks. Being in Australia like yourself, I've found the wheels work well enough for me as the dry weather in NSW means I don't need to deal with much soft ground. Also being a cheapskate, wheels are low cost compared to tracks, rollers, sprockets & idlers.

Where in Australia are you located? Also where do you FIFO to?

You realise there are a lot of attachments you can put on your machine, front and rear. Can become a bit of an obsession as you always need just one more attachment... ;)

Look forward to hearing about your setup and some pictures. Did you buy it new or secondhand?

Let me know if I can help you with anything, have fun, regards AusDave

Pottypirate

Occupation
Part time operator
Hey Dave. I've actually read that thread a few times after buying my machine and and doing some forum searches. I'm in tbe Northern Rivers NSW and work on oil rigs offshore in Bass Strait and WA. Prior to that i was in civil construction around QLD operating graders and the odd JCB backhoe which i guess what lead me to this machine.I thibk ive already reached the attachment obsession its all i do is search gumtree for the next new kit ha ha. I bought it srcond hand with 150 hrs i'd say it was a UK import from what i can gather. Still getting a good feel for it as most machines i operated 15 yeats ago were all hydraulic and the electric over hydraulic is a bit different but getting better each job i do. I plan on working the machine full time in the future but just trying to find its ideal scope and attachments needed. I think i'd like to get some grading gear as that was my bread and butter although i realise its no 12or 14 H but a roads a road or racetrack is a racetrack just have to approach it differently

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
How hard is it to remove the hoe? The reason for asking is that towing a small laser plane could make final trimming fast and easy without leaving track marks.

Pottypirate

Occupation
Part time operator
I havent looked into to removing the hoe to be honest. Im sure at some stage it weill need to come off but seems like a lot of work to trim when there are options available for the front