• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 1CX - Have you used one?

veix

Hi Dave, can you send me a copy of the service manuals please?
I got old machine with Perkins motor and now It requires some work... actually lot of work .)
Veix

vcolper

Occupation
Engineering Manager
Hello all,
I'm having some trouble with my 208s. It doesnt want to steer to the right as fast as it does to the left. Any suggestions on what to look at/for?
Also I'm trying to find the parts catalog/list to identify some parts that I need. Without the parts list I have no idea wht these parts are called.
Thanks for the help.

Vic

Guayama, PR

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Hello all,
I'm having some trouble with my 208s. It doesnt want to steer to the right as fast as it does to the left. Any suggestions on what to look at/for?
Also I'm trying to find the parts catalog/list to identify some parts that I need. Without the parts list I have no idea wht these parts are called.
Thanks for the help.

Vic

Guayama, PR

Hi Vic.

I've sent you an email so that you can send me your email so I can send you operator and service manuals which should suit your JCB.

Hopefully it's just a matter of adjustment but depending on the hours on your machine and how its been used and serviced it could be worse. To check whether there could be more wrong you could replace the hydraulic system oil & filter, check the oil and cut open the filter and check for metal contamination.

Regards AusDave

Forry66

JCB-1CX For Sale

Hi All,

Thanks to Aus Dave for all his assistance with manuals.

I am planning to sell my 1CX shortly, ,and was hoping if anyone may be interested.

1995 model Based in Brisbane Australia with a fair few hours. Has hammer pipng Starts and runs OK. Hoping for around 15K

Thanks
Forry66

mjt

JCB-1CX For Sale

Hi All,

Thanks to Aus Dave for all his assistance with manuals.

I am planning to sell my 1CX shortly, ,and was hoping if anyone may be interested.

1995 model Based in Brisbane Australia with a fair few hours. Has hammer pipng Starts and runs OK. Hoping for around 15K

Thanks
Forry66

Hello How many hours does it have and do you have any pics of it.
Thanks mjt

ronnie1969

AusDave

new to this site, thinking seriously about getting one of these little beautys, a couple of questions. I've heard that the 1cx came out in 1995 is there any difference between the 95 models an the present models. My second question is how do you tell which model has the high flow pump if there are no stickers and lastly have they always had the hydrostatic drive in them since they were first produced, lucky last you've maybe heard it a million times i would love to be able to do my own servicing/ repair work when i get my beauty so any chance you could send a copy of your service/owner manuals my way.
cheers,
Ronnie

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
AusDave

new to this site, thinking seriously about getting one of these little beautys, a couple of questions. I've heard that the 1cx came out in 1995 is there any difference between the 95 models an the present models. My second question is how do you tell which model has the high flow pump if there are no stickers and lastly have they always had the hydrostatic drive in them since they were first produced, lucky last you've maybe heard it a million times i would love to be able to do my own servicing/ repair work when i get my beauty so any chance you could send a copy of your service/owner manuals my way.
cheers,
Ronnie

Hi ronnie1969.

There are some differences over the years. Earlier models often had a Peugeot motor and later models had a Perkins. There are other changes to hydraulic systems and other bits and pieces but none of these are that significant. The capabilities and power of the 1CX has stayed basically the same over the years. Always been a hydrostatic drive machine.

If the 1CX has a high flow pump there will be a triple set of auxiliary hydraulic lines running down the right hand side of the loader arms. The left hand side always has the standard two auxiliary hydraulic lines. Also there will be an additional hydraulic filter beside the standard hydraulic filter in the battery compartment area.

Send me your email address and I'll send you the manuals. Do you have a 1CX or hoping to get one?

Regards AusDave

Garrie Denny

Occupation
see above
Good luck with any Later chinese import stuff that requires relatively Med-Heavy work, Ive had nothing but tears with the stuff Ive brought made in the last 5 years from there.cheap machining and metal breakdown of components have me belive you get exactly what you pay for. As for the JCB what a unit , yourve kicked a goal there, JCB is or was australian made and manufactured som 15 years ago, the guy was brilliant, he took all the early ideas of other hoes and perfected them, you cant beat aus made mate but im not tellig you anything. Garrie.

cooka

AusDave

cheers,
Ronnie

Hi all,
did you manage to source one? I am also in market and find alot of well worn models but most in need of TLC
wondering if anyone can tell me why some have exhaust comes vertically out of engine and other models have the exhaust to the side?
Are the spares hard to source? and would also appreciate a forwarded copy of the service manual if possible
regards.............

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
1cx

Hi all,
did you manage to source one? I am also in market and find alot of well worn models but most in need of TLC
wondering if anyone can tell me why some have exhaust comes vertically out of engine and other models have the exhaust to the side?
Are the spares hard to source? and would also appreciate a forwarded copy of the service manual if possible
regards.............

Hi Cooka.

The exhaust comes from the side on the 1CX's with Peugeot motors and out the top with Perkins motors.
Haven't had any problems with spares yet. However to get a good price on the throttle cable assembly I bought it from Digga Doctors in the UK. They were cheaper than buying in Australia and it doesn't take long to get here. Peugeot and Perkins motor parts are readily available.

Send your email address to me via personal message and I'll send you the manuals.

Regards AusDave

cooka

Hi,

thanks that info is gold the sellers I have delt with usually only knew their machine but not thr differences.
any info would be much appreciated send to billybunter@hotmail.com, thanks in advance

Regards.....................

MIKESSQ

Hello to everybody, this is my first post ever on any board so I don't know much, I just want to say thanks to AusDave even if it's a little late. But I have to tell you all that I never knew this machines existed so because of this thread I started searching for one and found it a couple of hours away from me and I've decided to purchase it, this are the only pictures I have on it. Hehe how do I upload pictures here?
Also if anybody that has them I would be immensely grateful If you can send to my email the operators manual and maintenance manual please.
Thank you in advance my email is Clubmz@hotmail.com

robin yates uk

I agree about JCB products.I was an owner operator and never had big troubles with the 3CXs I owned. They can work hard and work long without complaint. My last machine was used mainly on breaker work,Montebert 180 if I remember right.I have driven others, the Cat equivalent but found the cab small and poorly laid out.Oh almost forgot, a Case, not a touch on the JCB

Last edited:

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
JCB 1CX manuals

Hello to everybody, this is my first post ever on any board so I don't know much, I just want to say thanks to AusDave even if it's a little late. But I have to tell you all that I never knew this machines existed so because of this thread I started searching for one and found it a couple of hours away from me and I've decided to purchase it, this are the only pictures I have on it. Hehe how do I upload pictures here?
Also if anybody that has them I would be immensely grateful If you can send to my email the operators manual and maintenance manual please.
Thank you in advance my email is Clubmz@hotmail.com

Hi MIKESSQ.

Have sent you the manuals by email.
The info on how to post pictures is in the FAQ here https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

You know it's mandatory to post some pics of your machine:D

Regards AusDave

MIKESSQ

Haha I will! AusDave, It's actually your fault that I'm going to purchase one! I didn't even knew they existed and It is exactly what I was looking for. I actually love bobcat's skid steer and I was planning to purchase one with the backhoe attachment but It seems this will be better (hopefully) It is a 1999 with the Perkins motor in it, the owner said it has been sitting for a couple of years because he left, It started right up, I will have to replace all the hoses outside, but there is something worrying me.....It has a leak on the backhoe It's actually on the lower corner at the end of the rail It is a bolt and I don't really know what it is...
Best wishes.

MIKESSQ

Weird it's not letting me post pictures: "You may not post attachments" Well I'll post some pictures as soon as I can

Ivor

JCB 1CX Manuals

Hi AusDave.

I have just purchased a 1cx in the uk and would really appreciate if you could email the manuals as I intend to service the machine myself. It is an early version with the peugeot engine, it is also the High Flow version for running Stump Grinders etc. My email is ivor@bar-billiards.com Thanks Ivor

MIKESSQ

Well here is my 1cx or 208S here in the States. The bolt in the corner is where the leak is coming from it is hydraulic fluid.
Thank you AusDave
1CX BACK.jpg1329090224628.jpg1329090140548.jpg1CX CABIN.jpg1cx leak.jpg