• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 1CX - Have you used one?

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Thanks, Dave. I have the Perkins 100 series in my machine.

I checked the workshop manual for the 1CX and the workshop manual for the 100 series Perkins motor, but I couldn't find anything other than a picture of the rocker cover with the breather hose coming out of it, but it doesn't show the other end. If I had to guess, I would think that these are open on the other end and not connected to anything, but I wanted to double check, because I started getting some excessive blowby and oil loss out the breather hose the last few times I ran it. I am really hoping it doesn't need a rebuild.

It's still probably worth checking with someone local who handles Perkins motors and check that the breather is correctly set up with no bits worn or missing.
It doesn't sound too good if there is suddenly a lot of blowby and oil loss.

If you haven't changed your oil recently it's probably worth doing so with the best oil you can afford and change the filter as well. Clean out any crankcase breather systems too. Sometimes the oil can get diluted with diesel especially if the injectors are a bit worn and it's been idling a lot or not running hard and hot for a while.

Regards Dave

bbjr

It's still probably worth checking with someone local who handles Perkins motors and check that the breather is correctly set up with no bits worn or missing.
It doesn't sound too good if there is suddenly a lot of blowby and oil loss.

If you haven't changed your oil recently it's probably worth doing so with the best oil you can afford and change the filter as well. Clean out any crankcase breather systems too. Sometimes the oil can get diluted with diesel especially if the injectors are a bit worn and it's been idling a lot or not running hard and hot for a while.

Regards Dave

Thanks for the suggestions, Dave. Changing the oil is one of the things on my list of stuff to do. I was wondering, though, what causes the diesel fuel to mix with the engine oil?

gpap123

Occupation
Civil Engineer - Contructor
Thanks for the suggestions, Dave. Changing the oil is one of the things on my list of stuff to do. I was wondering, though, what causes the diesel fuel to mix with the engine oil?

Check the oil level daily. If the oil level goes up, usually, the piston rings do not seal the combustion chamber and diesel goes down to the crankcase. This may be caused to bad injector situation or not addiotional to specification oil engine. I had the same problem to my skidsteer.
I hope you can understand what i am writting....because of my language!

bbjr

Check the oil level daily. If the oil level goes up, usually, the piston rings do not seal the combustion chamber and diesel goes down to the crankcase. This may be caused to bad injector situation or not addiotional to specification oil engine. I had the same problem to my skidsteer.
I hope you can understand what i am writting....because of my language!

Thanks, and I understand you just fine :) . I haven't messed around with it for the past week, because I am waiting for some new hoses to come in, but I will keep an eye on the oil level after I change it and start to run it again.

dsc

Need DH4 Trencher Gearbox

New to this site and it won't let me start new thread.
Need drive gearbox for Case Dh4 trencher. Any ideas where to find one? Thanks.

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed

Hi bbjr.

Also a leaky seal between the injection pump and the crankcase can result in diesel leaking into the crankcase.
When I purchased my 1CX the first thing I did was replace all fluids with the best quality lubricant and coolant I could find. I greased all the backhoe & loader linkage with Molybdenum grease, replaced all the filter, cleaned out the bellyplate of years of accumulated mud, dust, leaves & sticks and hosed out the radiator and oil cooler.

Preventative maintenance should be every heavy equipment owners policy.

Regards Dave

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
New to this site and it won't let me start new thread.
Need drive gearbox for Case Dh4 trencher. Any ideas where to find one? Thanks.

Hi dsc.

After 3 posts you'll be able to start a thread yourself.

Regards Dave

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
1CX fan club...

G'day everyone,

I have just purchased a used JCB 1CX for work around my property. It is brilliant, what a machine.

Cheers

Hi Triple F.

That's what I have found.
Have been doing a large job at the moment comprising over 100m of new rural road, over 150m of trenching for power/phone/water, excavate large tank & shed site on slope and spread approx 400 tonnes of roadbase. With a 4 in 1 loader bucket, grader attachment and couple of backhoe buckets I can do the lot.

It can take a bit of practice to get good with your 1CX but it's like having a bobcat and mini excavator in one machine.

Does your 1CX have the Peugeot or Perkins motor? Did you get it privately or dealer?
How about some photos too:)

Have fun, regards Dave, (NSW South Coast)

Triple F Racing

Thanks Dave,

I have operated plenty of Bobcats and small excavators but the 1CX is a dream. I have purchased it to do work around my small acreage. It is originally from Ipswich Council and I purchased it from an Excavator company in Brisy who have been brilliant. It is a 2001 model with the Perkins motor.

My machine has the standard backhoe bucket and I would like to get a small trenching bucket, any suggestions. Also, I want to spread plenty of road base and mulch, do you use a spreader bar with the 4 in 1 bucket?

I noticed you may have the owners manual available, is it possible to get a copy as I plan to do all the servicing myself.

I will get some pics up as soon as I stop long enough to take some :drinkup

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
1CX manuals

Anyone know where AusDave has gone?

I am chasing a service and owners manual for the the 1CX.

Cheers

Hi Triple F Racing.

My apologies, I was gonna do it, got busy and forgot:Banghead

However I have now sent both manuals to your email address. Let me know if you don't get them.

How is your 1CX going. Have had quite a few jobs on with mine recently. Will post some pics soon.

AusDave

Forry66

Hi Aus Dave and all,

First Post for me (on any Forum!!)

Just picked up a 1995 1CX myself, for work around my small acreage here near Brisbane, (in Queensland Australia for anyone OS).

Funny story how I came to own it. It was my plumbers who used it 2 years ago when I was building my house. He asked if he could leave it on my block until he needed it again. Well it sat there for 18 months, until I decided to get it going myself.... needed a new fuse in the electric brake system (machine was locked and would not move), as well as it was totally dry of Hydraulic fluid. Well, got it going, fixed up a few leaks, and used it off and on (with the plumbers approval), until the plumber finally came back for it last month. He wanted to trade it in on a new machine, and he offered it to me at the same price as the trade in valuation.

So I picked up a old, but working 1cx for A$11K, which I thought was a great buy considering how much others in Aus go for. I believe it has a Mitsubishi engine of all things

I am not an expert, but I find it a great little machine... a little heavy, and easily sinks in soft wet ground. I think there maybe an issue with the pump as it does stall fairly easily (if digging into a pile of soil etc), even with the revs up. The plumber mentioned there is an adjustment in the pump, but not sure.

Aus Dave, would really appreciate any service advice, and even a copy of the manual if OK.

Cheers
Forry66

jonmor

Hi There.

The 1CX came with a Peugeot motor in earlier models and a Perkins in later models. Which one do you have?
One clue is the Peugeot motor has the exhaust out the side and up the corner of the cabin frame and the Perkins exhaust pipe comes out through the bonnet.

I have a Peugeot in mine so I can help you if you have the same but if you have a Perkins hopefully someone else will know. However I do have the 1CX workshop manual in pdf format which covers both engines which may give you enough info. Let me know if you would like it sent to you.

Regards Dave (Australia)

Hi Aus Dave,

I have recently bought a JCB 1CX with a peugeot engine and I see from this forum that you have copies of the user manuals etc. And as mine is quite old and need a bit of care and attention I was wondering if you could forward them to me.

Cheers John

http://jmoore.yolasite.com/
gaudonville@gmail.com

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Hi Forry66 and jonmor.

I hope you received your manuals OK. Apologies for any delay:duh

Let us know how you get on with your 1CX's and perhaps post some pics of work you are doing with them.

Regards AusDave

pommydave

Manual Request.

Hey Aus dave,

You seem to be the guru on the 1CX now!

I just bought an old Pug powered one as a non runner (cheap:D)
The engine is now out/stripped and off for full rebuild.
The electrics are shot...major re-wire ahead...
I need a manual to begin the rewire, any chance you can email me a copy, all the info you have will probably be essential and much apreciated.

mail to
spudndave@hotmail.com

Cheers Pommy Dave

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Hey Aus dave,

You seem to be the guru on the 1CX now!

I just bought an old Pug powered one as a non runner (cheap:D)
The engine is now out/stripped and off for full rebuild.
The electrics are shot...major re-wire ahead...
I need a manual to begin the rewire, any chance you can email me a copy, all the info you have will probably be essential and much apreciated.

mail to
spudndave@hotmail.com

Cheers Pommy Dave

Hi Dave.

I've sent the manuals to your email address, I hope they will help you get the machine fixed. The Pug motors are good if well maintained and parts should be easy to find as this motor was very common.

What happened to damage the wiring? There are a lot of wires, especially around the console/battery area. Hopefully you can use some of the existing wiring that is still OK.

If you need parts try the Digger Doctor UK at http://www.diggerdoctor.co.uk/ He has JCB parts at fair prices and is knowledgeable about JCB stuff as well.

Let us know how you get on. Photos too!

Regards AusDave

pommydave

Cheers mate,

got the manuals...getting my head around the wiring now.

The previous owner parked the machine up six years ago as it had electrical gremlins and kept cutting out.

The sparky they had look at it was not that good to say the least.

I've already established that it it the interlock circuitry, which I will initially bypass to get it running, then repair/replace as necessary.

The engine is currently stripped for a full rebuild as it had very low compression.

I have also noticed that the loom is common to all variations, my model has about 15 plugs which are not used, I plan to streamline the loom and loose all unused plugs and cableing.

The hydraulics all look good, just an oil and filter change needed.

It looks pretty sorry now but if I can figure out how I will post a picture.

I want to buy an auger attatchment...some new ones are more than I paid for the machine! Any ideas where I can get an affordable one?

Thanks
Dave

vcolper

Occupation
Engineering Manager
Service manual and parts list

Hello,

I just purchased my first skid steer/mini digger. A JCB 208S (1cx). It requires some work....minor elecrical, seat back rest, arm rests, backhoe cylinder internal leak and a paint job.
I tried to post an image, but couldntg figure out how.
Thats what I've seen so far. Besides that it runs and operates well. I need the manual for the electric and to identify some parts more precisely to buy them. I appreciate if someone could email me the service manuals and maybe parts list/drawings.

Thanks,

Vic
Guayma, Puerto Rico