• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

jcb 1400b how bad are they?

case310350

looking for a backhoe, i have read the posts here about jcb, they leak, hard to work on, expensive parts, did I miss something?

I asl because a local dealer has one for sale a 1400b that came from cp ward, (big contractor) says has new engine 200 hours and a new transmission, have not seen it yet but described as a very clean machine.

So I don't get tempted tell me I should stay away.. I figure if it needed new engine and tranny they can't be very good.

I am considering a ford 55b from the same dealer which looks rough, rusty and will be trying it out . wants 6k for the ford and about the same for the jcb

whats the changes for a 555a to b?

itsgottobegreen

I run JCB 1550 a lot. They are fairly easy to work on. Parts are cheaper than some brands. As for the leaking. YES!!!!!!!!! I got to dump a 5 gallon bucket of trans fluid in the one I run every 40 hours. Haven't gotten around to fixing the leaking seals on the trans.