• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

j d 555

Tyler d4c

If you have a really bad pin the point of the sprocket may land on the bushing and bust out a piece so I'm told. Can't say I've seen it myself tho.

petepilot

Got some plugs being made from hyd rod goin to grind them to fit the holes weld em in n keep on movin dirt .the whole uc except the pads is worn way beyond where they should be so use em up

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Bushings thin from both sides, Pin and Sprocket, not too abnormal to see a blowout on a limited few before the others start breaking thru. Just based on Rail faces and the bushings shown you are well past 150% worn OUT. Patch may get you a few days work but will start seeing more break throughs as soon as start moving dirt again. Sad to say need to get UC on that machine like Last Year.

Kirk Palmer

As long as the sprockets are still engaging, and the tracks aren't falling off, and there aren't any clearance issues between the pads and the rock guards, then there's really no problem running them for a while until you get some new tracks.....maybe next year.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
As long as the sprockets are still engaging, and the tracks aren't falling off, and there aren't any clearance issues between the pads and the rock guards, then there's really no problem running them for a while until you get some new tracks.....maybe next year.

You know that is but two weeks away!!:eek::D

petepilot

Bushings thin from both sides, Pin and Sprocket, not too abnormal to see a blowout on a limited few before the others start breaking thru. Just based on Rail faces and the bushings shown you are well past 150% worn OUT. Patch may get you a few days work but will start seeing more break throughs as soon as start moving dirt again. Sad to say need to get UC on that machine like Last Year.
so right you are :D but i think I bought maybe 40 more hrs :)

Last edited: