• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is this dozer Russian?

Hjolli

Hi
I came across this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4msKk0FU9A4&feature=related
, I haven´t looked that closely at Russian dozers so far, but to me this old T100 looks VERY much like the old Cat D7 3T, both inside and out, and sounds pretty much the same, it seems like they "borrowed" or inherited the blueprints from Caterpillar. Does anyone know any more about this? At least I have never heard of Caterpillar being made in Russia.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I remember seeing photos of what would have been Cat 60's which were supposed to have been built under license in Russia from Caterpillar.

This one I don't know about.
The ruskies have been known to copy things too.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
T100 is one of the model numbers that the Russians use on their dozers but that is definately a Cat D7 copied by somebody putting along on three cylinders looking for an operator.LOL.Ron G