• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is this a $75K dozer

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
My customer didn’t buy this machine. Now is goin to auction. They don’t want to start it until it has been full serviced. Want me to come and release park brake so they can Winch it on trailer and have me service it at auction yard. So do I have to hydraulicly release the brake? Like using the cab jack?
Why wont they let you just start it? You're going to want to warm it up before changing oils anyway. It's going to an auction... it has 600 hours on it... Why winch it? Sounds weird to me.
Anything I ever bought at an auction got all oils dumped anyway, no matter how clean it looked just so I knew it had the right stuff in all compartments.

Clguest

I can't imagine either selling or buying this machine without running it for a couple of hours. There is so much to be learned to establish the true value.

Moonlite

Thanks mike brammel for the email. I think I’m gonna try to talk them into letting me start it to get it loaded.

DPete

I'd be more concerned about varmint damage to wiring than anything else, todays fuel seems to last longer than it did back in the 70's Fire it up

Moonlite

Nobody was around when I got there. Installed new batteries. Checked fluids. Pulled oil feed line off of turbo and put in a few shots of oil. Pull power wire off of injector pump and spun engine over a few times then waited a few minutes and done it again. Connected everything back up. Fired it up and pulled it out from under the shed.

epirbalex

Occupation
peasant
Suppose to be a 2002
It has 600 hrs on it
Been sitting for at least 8 yrs
Hasn't been started in 4 yrs.
plenty of dozers sit for extended periods , outside with no problem . The diesel should be good as well if the tank was full . What surprises me the owners did not give it a run and battery charge . Nest check and start the sucker , if the thing won't start and run it is not worth the dime . Let the others play their little games .

epirbalex

Occupation
peasant
Nobody was around when I got there. Installed new batteries. Checked fluids. Pulled oil feed line off of turbo and put in a few shots of oil. Pull power wire off of injector pump and spun engine over a few times then waited a few minutes and done it again. Connected everything back up. Fired it up and pulled it out from under the shed.
lol , your last post was not showing , you have not got the rust off the blade yet ????

Moonlite

The trailer that hauled it to the auction yard didn’t care about the rust on the blade.

Moonlite

He says it has cold a/c. I haven’t checked that out yet. Goin this week to do full service and check for all the little things.

hosspuller

"He says it has cold a/c I haven’t checked that out yet." Yeah ... When it's below freezing outside. Yesh... What some people will say to make a sale. Beware the Butterflies and Unicorns

Moonlite

"He says it has cold a/c I haven’t checked that out yet." Yeah ... When it's below freezing outside. Yesh... What some people will say to make a sale. Beware the Butterflies and Unicorns
I wasn’t born last night. I received at pm from a member here. I was letting him know that I hadn’t checked the a/c.

Moonlite

Got full service done. Next week putting new a/c compressor drier expansion valve and condenser.

mekon

Things sell at near new prices around here at auction.People just don't know when to stop bidding.I would like to see what that 700 and the 2 Para Warthogs go for.

Don k

I went by there yesterday and looked at it but did not stay until it sold. Good looking dozer and I guess that was a decent price to get it for.

Welder Dave

I guess that answers the original question. I would hazard a guess that the lack of all the latest electronics and DEF helped bring the price up.