• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

is there info available on how to use gps control systems in a grader?

gazza60

Occupation
grader operator
hi there all.
i hv just been put on a grader that has topcon GX-60 control with MC-R3 radio gps system. i have had no experience with gps grader control as i hv previously been on an underground grader. i was wondering if anybody out there knew if there was any info available on how to use the above mentioned system?
cheers
Gaz

dirtfan

Hello:
Try getting online and do a search for Topcon University. I haven't been on there for a while but they used to have a lot of free lessons on how GPS worked, and about how to use some of their equipment units.
They also had online classes that you could sign up for, (at a reasonable cost of course).
My advice would be to learn how a GPS system works in general starting with the satelites, and work your way through.
Of course this depends on your level of knowledge about the subject. Good luck.

Dirtfan