• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Is there any type of "part time" insurance?

nilzlofgren

I've had my backhoe for about 13 years now, doing work on the family ranch. I also have a full time job, but would like to work the backhoe on the weekends. Question is, Are there any type of part time insurance policies out there? For example, If I get a job on a given weekend, I could then call my broker, and have insurance from like 12:01 am Saturday, to 12:01 am Monday.

BLconst

my experience is that general liability insurance is based on Gross sales and payroll. you have no payroll as owner operator and little sales as part timer. Then they get you with a minimum premium. Out west, minimum premium was about 3000 a year, depending on what contractors license you have. I dont think you can get a policy that will cover you at specific times and dates. hope it helps.