• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

irish heavy operators the best

egnsean

is it true that Ireland produces the best heavy plant operators in the world?:cool:

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I don't know whether that's true or not, but I do believe it's true that, "The Irish fight among themselves, because they can find no other worthy opponents." :D

egnsean

i couldn't agree more as well as having the finest plant operators on the planet they produce the best drink in the world GUINESS :drinkup so now we
not only have the finest plant operators on the planet we also produce the
best drink in the world. No competion really atall atall atall:notworthy

Ross

Ha Ha Ha. The best Grader drive I ever met was Irish and so was the best welder.

But!! :rolleyes:

The worst GF I ever meet was Irish. This Guy had a 777B door welded shut (With driver in it) to keep production up :crazy

Ross

egnsean

I Know what you mean Ross

I'v worked with many a paddy G.F they are a breed of there on, a lot are
ex operators on a power trip they are sound whilst on the levers but give
them a bit of shout and they are Hitlers reincarnation :mad: but personaly
in my experience the best way to take them is by the THROAT ;) usually
if your good enough on the levers and the company knows you are you can
get away with it:)

tctractors

Paddy gang,

Egnsean I have worked with Irishmen near all my life, from Muckshifting to Tunneling, I have always found them great mates and good to work along with, one thing I have always done is work as hard if not harder than my mates from "Over Yonder" they always respect someone who is willing to put there back into a task, as for better drivers, all I will say is they dont moan or waste good daylight when there is work to do, I've seen some rough bu###rs in my day.
blowing it on tctractors.

egnsean

hi tctractors
you are right they make great mates all i am saying is once
they become G.F + they are full of themselfs and if you are
not a paddy yourself you are not truely one of the clan
ie: as you state yourself you have to work harder than them
just to be equal;)

egnsean

ie subservence is no excuse just to stay in a job:Banghead: real drivers don't
take XXXX

Last edited by a moderator:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums egnsean! :drinkup

Cat287B

Can we get a translator here?
One of me mates is from the UK and he has to draw me pictures so I can understand him.

Mike

irish operators

I hear that Irish operators are only good for one thing loading dynamite into JCB'S and driving them into British army convoys. lol

Deas Plant

Best operators.

Hi, Egnsean.
Welcome to the forum.

I doubt that any one country has the outright monopoly on the 'best operators'. I have seen some very good Australian operators and some atrocious ones. The same applies to every race/nation that I have ever had anything to do with. H**l, I have even seen some good American and English operators. LOL. One thing I have noticed is that the better operators are quite often easier to get along with, possibly because they don't feel they have anything to prove.

I have worked with quite a few Irishmen and one or two Irishwomen. Almost all have been good workmates and good company away from the job. I have seldom found the 'clan' issue to be an issue, probably because they were mostly few in number on any one job site that I have been on.

pushkid84

i completely agree with deas. i dnot think that any one race make the best operators, there are good operators every were ass for the beer they make, yuk! there is a reason they call bud the king of beers merry CHRISTmas:usa