• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

intoducing dirt digger

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
hey guys..another newbie here...just wanted to take some time to introduce myself.

I'm Bryan, 20 yrs old..21 next week from PA. Have my Class A CDL with air brakes and tanker and the second week of May I am scheduled to sit through 40 hours of OSHA class to become certified in HazMat recovery, Confined space entry, and trench shoring. I am a Civil Engineer student at Penn State (3rd yr)

now the good stuff, me and my buddy have a farm service at home...take hay off about 30 acres and we plant/cut/maintain a 6 acres corn maze for a restaurant owner in town. That business is growing by the month with new land leases and customers...we do that in the evenings/weekends. We have a 4020, 4700, and just last week i went and picked up my IH 886 i just bought.

i have been working excavation since i was 15, during winter break, spring break, summer and whenever i have a free moment...was a ditch rat until i was 18, the got moved to full time operator when i was 18. So for the last 2 years i've been running my jobs. We are a small outfit, about 11 guys usually 1 operator and 2 laborers on each job. We do a lot of roof drains, drywells, foundations, drives, etc... but our big business is septics. Usually i run a 4 stick CASE 580 super M, but i also run a 15 ton Volvo. Also got 3 trackloaders, a CTL, skid loader, dozer, roller, etc...

so if any of you ever have turd questions (we also have septic pumping trucks as well) or other engineering related questions throw them at me...if i can't answer them i won't lie and tell you i can, i'll probably end up talking to a professor up here because i always feel the more i learn the better off i'll be...

heres some pictures of a few of our trucks, and my main weapon

Attachments

• n9343443_41102981_7905.jpg
    n9343443_41102981_7905.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 536
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 541
  • shop 015.jpg
    shop 015.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 537

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
here is some of our farming stuff...the green and then the red...the IH is scheduled to get a paint job in spring, and i am going home this weekend to work on her a little..and the last is another of my favorite toys

Attachments

• PA200011.JPG
    PA200011.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 530
  • shop 019.jpg
    shop 019.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 535
  • shop 017.jpg
    shop 017.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 530