• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International Dresser Dozer td25e

BigDutchman

Got an old international Dresser Dozer t 25e , great machine , clean with cab
Got an issue after pushing for an hour, 1st gear pops out looses prime, grab both levers back and gets prime back
leave it in 2nd gear , no problem pushing all day , just issue in 1st gear. checked my suction screen already, clean as can be
also already changed all the filters , oil level is good. and any help would be appreciated before tearing into something big

DB09

I’ll look in my manual tomorrow but there is some test ports to check pressures. Almost seems like a pilot issue instead transmission or pump problem. I’ll look tomorrow in the manual

BigDutchman

Thanks! also we did rebuild the pilot control valve month ago, did have some wear inside but new seals cleaned her up. But its fine pushing in 2nd gear , but only after hard pushing it will jump out of 1st gear, i pull the steering levers both back , gains pressure and will go again or have to go in reverse and try again to first....

DB09

Do u have a service manual? Several things to check 1 being pilot pressure in range selector valve and if it good then it’s in the transmission manifold seals. U will have to have a gauge on the range selector valve while it’s running to watch it when it stops. I can try and send u pictures out of my book.

BigDutchman

Thanks, I think I have a old manual for it in my shop, will have to dig through many old fiat and deere books to find it, will check the pressure on range selection valve, then unfortunately move to tranny...

BigDutchman

not yet, ran the pressure test, torque convertor was spot on . But the rest pressure all over the place! never consisitent reading
do you know a old mechanic that knows about the 25e g models? hate to start tearing the valve bodys out then tranny in case its a spot on simple problem somewhere....

DB09

Call Blue Ridge Tractor in Benton Illinois. 618 803 7020. Talk to Jake. He will help get u in the right direction. His uncle knows these tractors inside and out.