• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International Corp. On a Skid?

crane operator

That's the reason I built that tow truck out of a 94 W900, simple DDEC III Detroit Series 60 the only electronics in it. Plus being 94 We don't have to run E-logs.
I guess I'm even trying to go simpler than you, I just brought home a 92 pete, I went for 3406b model cat with a whole electronic suite of oil pressure and temp. gauges.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I can relate, own a 99 F250SD with 340000 on it, along with a VERY basic Chevrolet Impala 140000, only techno item on it is the power train, wife hates it as no bells and whistles. Old Allis crawler keeps me busy fixing on little and some larger breaks otherwise still moves dirt, my farm tractor is a late 70's Allis 180D, dependable, easy on fuel but ABSOLUTELY Zero electronics crap. Neighbor has two Deeres, under six years old, see them on the transporter back to dealer A LOT, local trucking company uses almost strict Frt Lnr or Western Star, rotates them out at 2.5-3 years as cannot afford to keep them Out of Warranty or when the repairs start mounting. Farm tractors tier 2, 3 or 4 are crap, pull well but when fail are miserable messes per the techs around here, that holds for Deere, CIH, NH All of them, simple has been forgotten to the point the costs are driving many to lease and turn over as the dealerships are beginning to starve out on those. Others as me work to keep old junk running and moving, when the parts availability dries up so too many small farms.

Crummy

My old '89 S2375 M11/10sp S/A dump was almost indestructible. Not much to look at, though. The guy I sold it to is still running it last I heard.
"They just don't build them like that anymore"

d9gdon

I'm still mad at the 13 letter sh*t spreader that I bought in 1982 (it was a 1969 model) that had their DVTI 573 V8 in it. What a pile. And I mean that I'm still mad. Won't ever own another IH. Damn near couldn't get rid of it either in the recession back then.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Diamonds in the Rough, biggest mess I ever worked as to road trucks was a floppy fendered old destroyed 335 Cummins powered Diamond with a air shift 4x4 where guy had access to a 400 later model Cummins big cam, we swapped them only to see him 'Button' the pump where a hired driver burnt it to the ground, smoked three of five rods and two mains. Far as I know that truck ended up in scrap. Had the old Thick glass foam hood, heavy old monster.

Liked the old diamonds but as such are still hard machines to get repair parts. Maybe this company has good aftermarket but what I have found in the past was crap.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Montgomery Salvage, know them well. Build a lot of the dump trucks in the region and sell about the best line of dump bodies.

They have a 'Relative' that runs another operation along the Interstate at New Florence, sells HE and Trucks, Reagan Ent.