• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International 4200-need reviews and input

Hey guys, looking at expanding our business to our first 5 yard+ truck with a 2007 international 4200. Looking at it on Monday (it's a few towns over)

I can't find a lot of information online for this model year, and the owner doesn't know much about it, though it appears in great condition. He says it has a 200hp engine?

Any reviews on this truck? Does that engine HP seem low to anybody else? Any guesses on towing capacity? We tow 17k on the trailer regularly and our 2010 Chevy 3500 doesn't like it very much... Looking at adding 20,000 to this truck for towing and worried about the low HP. Any input for a noob would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• 00X0X_jvJsyP79jkm_1200x900.jpg
    00X0X_jvJsyP79jkm_1200x900.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 25

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
I have 275hp with a dt530e and I sure wouldn't want any less. I should regear the truck down a little bit but honestly it doesn't bother me all that much with the automatic. Just stand on the pedal and let the truck do the rest.

Tenwheeler

There is a 4200 around here that looks like that. I believe they refer to the engine in ours as a VT365. It is a blue V8. It has been replaced once and blown the head gaskets once. It is bullet proofed now? Has over 200,000 miles on it.
That is the same basic engine as the Ford 6.0 Power Stroke. Will handle the weight better the your Chevy but will not like a hill.
I thank the one here with with a DT and DPF is a 4400. It has had several expensive emission and fuel system repairs but is much better truck than the 6.0. That engine almost made 350,000 miles before replacement.