• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International 2500 engine compartment.

nedly05

My 1994 international 2500 has nothing to protect the motor under the fenders. Is this unusual? It seems it to me, I was trying to think of what I could put in there to act as a " curtain" to keep debris off the road from damaging the motor.
Thanks!

nedly05

Inner fenders, after doing some research it seems like they might not have any. Would it be a bad idea to build a frame to hold a mud flap to keep debris from going on to the motor Or is it fine to leave it be?

Oldiron

the IHC 2500s usually had a rubber curtain about half as heavy as a rubber mud flap that had a rod that held the top in place and the bottom was held by springs , you had to take them off to get at the motor and they ussually got lost, I would think the ih dealer could get them or at least a picture, they would be easy to make if you saw them, as I recall one end of the rod was vertical and the other horizontal , the rod was 7/16 or so thick, look on the firewall for a bracket that would hold a rod that size, they were 2 pieces of flat about 3/16 thick , and an inch or so apart.

nedly05

the IHC 2500s usually had a rubber curtain about half as heavy as a rubber mud flap that had a rod that held the top in place and the bottom was held by springs , you had to take them off to get at the motor and they ussually got lost, I would think the ih dealer could get them or at least a picture, they would be easy to make if you saw them, as I recall one end of the rod was vertical and the other horizontal , the rod was 7/16 or so thick, look on the firewall for a bracket that would hold a rod that size, they were 2 pieces of flat about 3/16 thick , and an inch or so apart.

Perfect, thank you very much!