• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Interesting Demolition Jobs

Turbo21835

Thats exactly the story Raildudes_dad. I wouldn't mind if they would take vanities and cupboards, that reduces the tonnage to the landfill, makes the job lighter on the pocketbook. But the scrap they take off with hurts the bonus program. Sitting waiting on a contract. MDOT wants a renegotiation on the abatement work. As long as we work out a price with them, they wont yank the job out from underneath us. In the meantime, I get to start doing quantity estimates for the next phase of demos they have coming up in the same location. Looks like another round of 30 residentials to do, and then there is another phase of all commercials to do. Might end up working in the same place all summer after all.

danhoe

Turbo, just picked a pond job. Have to track it to the neighbors yard, 1/2 mile from home. Then heading to Detroit for urban renewal. Dan

Turbo21835

Well MDOT dropped the bomb on us today. Job will be rebid in 2 months. Since the bid was over the engineers estimate, combined with the extra abatement pushing the project over the 20% threshold, they null and voided the letting.

Wolf

Turbo, just picked a pond job. Have to track it to the neighbors yard, 1/2 mile from home. Then heading to Detroit for urban renewal. Dan

What kind of urban renewal stuff are you doing in Detroit, Dan? How old are the buildings? What kind of equipment are you using? Saving anything from the old places? Got any pictures?

danhoe

I am starting with 3 houses, all three are 2 story houses in Delray, then moving onto 28 more. I am using a Linkbelt 2800Q with a Labounty grapple. I would say the houses are from the 1940's. I haven't been in the houses but a bud that is a state cop of mine got a call last week that the natives were stripping stuff out of one of them, he patrols the area and got a call to go to one of the houses. I am bidding on 3 in Dearborn and have 2 to knock down in Canton. Dan

Last edited:

thodob

I'm involved in a 5.000m2 partial demo of old brick building (all interior structures taken out) + complete demo of approximately 2.000m2 - almost finished.
Two storing facilities here in Bergen, respectively 2.000m2 and 1.500m2, both located with sea on one site and and road on the other. The largest one has a construction site on the third...

Also taking down a wing of a nursering home in Stavanger- approximately 2.000m2.

A 20m high silo is also planned taken down during April - starting with the high reach work next week. Also starting with a soil upgrade in 6 kindergardens next week.

In may we start with a 8.000m2 storage/sale facility - hopefully also get contracted for the contaminated soil remediation. Plus a purification plant.

All projects include the necassary abatement works...

Last edited:

Raildudes dad

Yes, all public works bids are public. That happens the day the bid is let.

Turbo - you might want to check on that. If it was bid thru MDOT and was over estimate they typically take the bids off the web the same day (within hours of the bid. We had one that way in the January letting.) If the contract was not awarded, the numbers are not made public. (They had a little cluster a year or so ago over this is my understanding).